Down Memorial Park Trail

Down Memorial Park Trail is a 3.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Pasadena, Maryland that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

wheelchair friendly

beach

Very enjoyable day now that the heat wave is gone. After 4 days in the high 90's I was ready to get back on the trail. First timer at this place and I thought it was pretty nice. I was a bit disappointed that you were not able to purchase food on this Location. 2 Soda machines but no chips or cookies. To me the museum office building is a total waste of valuable space. Could have been a Country Store selling snacks, ice, picnic gear and even worms for fishermen. I will have to go back on a weekend just to scope it out more. Be sure to get a park map at the main gate. The girl didn't give me one and it shows the other nature trails. I hiked the complete outside Perimeter. It was all paved in blacktop. Shaded most of the time. I saw at-least 8 deer with baby fawns up in the Locust Cove section along the water.

I'm here a lot with my kids. This is a nice, easy, paved trail through some very nice woods and with a nice view of the Chesapeake Bay in a few places. Check out the salt marsh pond overlook, and aviary for rescued birds. There's a playground for your kids and a dog beach for your dog. The trail is great for jogging or walking.

Didn't have cash on hand to pay the entrance fee ($6 no debit or credit cards accepted) so I had to find a nearby ATM. Fine walk though.

Date: 1/4/2017 Nice Hike