Double Rock Park Trail

Double Rock Park Trail is a 1.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Parkville, Maryland that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

My boyfriend and I spent an enjoyable afternoon here with our pup. The trails were pretty well-maintained, though, as others have mentioned, they are tricky to navigate in places due to poor trail markers. Nevertheless, the park is small enough that you don't worry about getting lost. It's easy enough to put yourself back on track. Our pup had a great time swimming and jumping around in the water. The hike itself was not strenuous, and I would definitely venture back here again.

Nice

great views, kid friendly.

Quiet and beautiful, amazing for inside the beltway

I love this little park but the trails can be confusing. Luckily it's so small, it's hard to get lost. I like to take a trail down from the lower parking lot, make my way to the stream, and follow that up to the highest lot, then follow the road down back to my car.

Trail markers and maps were a little confusing, but the scenery makes up for it.

Okay little nature walk. Nice and close.

The constant view of homes and parts of the park activity areas take away from a real chance to detach. However the sound of flowing water drowns out any city noise on certain parts of the trail. Also everyone had large dogs, so if you have an untrained pet forget about it.