Double Rock Park Trail

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(200)
Double Rock Park

Double Rock Park Trail is a 1.6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Parkville, Maryland that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 1.6 miles Elevation Gain: 170 feet Route Type: Loop

Very beautiful. Little gem. The park was easy to get too and quick to navigate. Only took a short hike but the views were beautiful.

The app and the markings don’t jive well. An okay area. However, we observed a loud group of drunk people, sitting in one of the streams with bottles everywhere, and at least two different groups/couples smoking weed. Disappointing when you’re out with your young kids...

I would say this trail is easy! Quite a few mini streams with crossings, muddy sections, quiet and low key. Nice scenery!

recorded Recording - May 01, 11:07 AM

this is a really great low-impact trail. nice and wooded lot of Bird activity good amount of plant life! highly recommend for leashed dogs!

Idk why but this trail freaked me out. I went at like I’m 6:15 and made it out before sundown but it still felt eerie

Really cute trail in the middle of Parkville. Really nice creek with pretty views. It is a little muddy but not that bad. Some creek crossings so wear appropriate shoes. There are also a few sections I wouldn’t consider easy. I would say this is more moderate because of all the roots, creek crossings and some steep hills. My only grip is that the trails really need to be marked better. Blazes are there on straightaways, but missing at a lot of the biggest junctions leaving me to walk in circles to find something that looks like a trail.

Overall a great experience. Some of the markers in the blue trail could use some love but my kids liked the experience and it was a fairly easy hike

Awesome views of River. You can easily hike on the river because of all the rocks. Trail itself can be Rocky. Watch out for slippery surfaces. I also saw a snake while hiking on the river. I almost didn't see it! Not too many people at 3pm on a Friday.

The blue trail was the easiest to follow . The yellow trail was a bit scattered. The views were amazing and so was the stream

great trail...a little too many stream crossings. trail map and markers a little hard to follow, but fun and relaxing.

The loop needs some upkeep, but it’s a nice little walk.

Confusing, needs better markings

My son and I hiked the yellow trail today. It looks like the yellow marking have been updated. In the early Spring I attempted the yellow trail and ended up in the blue trail. Easy with some up and down hills. Good hike for a weeknight near home.

I loved this trail and it is perfect for dogs! however, there was a lot of broken glass in some places which was concerning for your pup, so you have to be careful. Besides that it's a lot of fun!

Rocky, fun. Trail blazing could be improved.

I liked the stream-side blue trail but it was not marked well.

It a nice park in a residential area. But it's not marked very well and gets muddy at some parts along the yellow trail. There is some broken glass and trash in some area.