Double Rock Park Trail

Double Rock Park Trail is a 1.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Parkville, Maryland that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

very poorly marked at one point. Found ourselves on a red trail that was not mapped

The BEST trail we’ve found nearby with plenty of rock scrambling for the kids, which is the only thing they really like about going on hikes with their parents. My 5 and 11 year old loved jumping from rock to rock. Be sure to wear water shoes. You can easily stay dry on the hike as well by sticking to the path along the stream. We found a box turtle on the path. And butterflies. Moderate traffic, people with dogs, folks hanging out at the waterfall and smoking weed. There’s a great kids playground at the start of the blue trail as well. Plenty of shade. Only complaint is the trail markers are terrible. We stuck to the path, but it was awful when there was more than one worn path, trying to figure out where to turn, particularly at the end of the loop when you need to turn around and the blue trail seems to intersect with another trail.

My boyfriend and I spent an enjoyable afternoon here with our pup. The trails were pretty well-maintained, though, as others have mentioned, they are tricky to navigate in places due to poor trail markers. Nevertheless, the park is small enough that you don't worry about getting lost. It's easy enough to put yourself back on track. Our pup had a great time swimming and jumping around in the water. The hike itself was not strenuous, and I would definitely venture back here again.

Nice

great views, kid friendly.

Quiet and beautiful, amazing for inside the beltway

I love this little park but the trails can be confusing. Luckily it's so small, it's hard to get lost. I like to take a trail down from the lower parking lot, make my way to the stream, and follow that up to the highest lot, then follow the road down back to my car.

Trail markers and maps were a little confusing, but the scenery makes up for it.