Cunningham Falls Nature Trail

Cunningham Falls Nature Trail is a 6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Thurmont, Maryland that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and nature trips and is accessible year-round.

beach

Directions from Thurmont, MD: Travel MD State Route 77 west approximately 3.5 miles turning right onto Park Central Road. Park across from the visitor center; trail begins on the far side of the parking lot across from the visitor center.

Easy but the fact it was pouring rain made it more interesting :)

was nice..and the reward the falls..

It was beautiful. Will definitely go again.

Lovely views and unique rock formations. See if you can find some metallic blue slate like I did.

Very short and easy hike to the falls. Rocks by the falls are fun to climb.

I'm not sure why this trail is rated easy. Maybe it was because of the heat, but 1,175 ft elevation is about 2-3 times more steep than what I'm used to doing in my neck of the woods. I don't think I've ever been so happy to see our friend's car! I liked the seeing the falls; wish I could have enjoyed that more, but I was too wiped out!

A fun hike. I suggest staying away from the Falls on the weekends because the crowds are like an amusement park. Much more interesting on the other side of the road.

very busy and crowded. there is a fee to enter park.