Cromwell Valley Park and Loch Raven

Cromwell Valley Park and Loch Raven is a 3.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Parkville, Maryland and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Some areas with no shade. They have many dog waste disposal areas on the trails which is nice. We also got to see a deer cross our path.

Lovely trails, although the markings are a bit confusing. Lots of scenic side trails to discover and get distracted with along the way. I went during what I thought would be peak activity, but only ran into one other person the whole time. There are lots of great places to kick back and watch the clouds or just enjoy the surrounding peacefulness. I hike regularly and would consider this more of an easy hike over a moderate one. I would visit again just for the quiet trails and maybe a picnic along the way.

This is one of my favorite trails. I love doing it on evenings during the week when it's less crowded. I usually park at Sherwood House and take the Minebank trail along the stream before hooking into this loop. It's a bit more scenic and adds some hills and distance. You can also add in the sycamore loop and read a poem about one of the trees, and from there take an old driveway down to the reservoir.

I suggest checking to see if there are any special events before you visit. They can make parking a nightmare and the trails get congested.

Love this place, for hiking! It's listed on this app that you can mountain bike here, but I was told that you can only cycle on the roads.

First hike of the year. Surprised by how many steep climbs. Trail markings can be confusing. But a pleasant hike nonetheless.

Great trails but, not marked very clear.