Cromwell Valley Park and Loch Raven

Cromwell Valley Park and Loch Raven is a 3.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Parkville, Maryland and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Up and down. Great exercise. Easy to get too. Visit Mallory the duck at the Ranger center.

Well marked trails. Beautiful fall day for hiking. Lots of goldenrod.

Very well maintained park with most trail marked but many were a bit confusing for me. Sure glad I use All/Trails. I would recommend you printing a map of any trail first as a backup in case your maps fail to show up on your App. There are a few Spot-A-Pots on the parking lots but there is no drinking water fountains around. I hiked 4 miles of trails and the weather got a bit warm. I used my filter and got more water from a running stream 2 miles into my hike so I could have a hot stream side lunch. There are a few benches along some of the trails but not many picnic tables. The only tables I saw was in the sunny areas or the few by the Ranger Station.

poorly marked trails and many side trails that can make the hike a bit confusing. with the use of this app there were no troubles however without the app it could be very difficult to navigate.

Nice stroll with a bit of climbing. Recommend going off the trail briefly to walk down to the Loch Raven Dam.

Some areas with no shade. They have many dog waste disposal areas on the trails which is nice. We also got to see a deer cross our path.

Lovely trails, although the markings are a bit confusing. Lots of scenic side trails to discover and get distracted with along the way. I went during what I thought would be peak activity, but only ran into one other person the whole time. There are lots of great places to kick back and watch the clouds or just enjoy the surrounding peacefulness. I hike regularly and would consider this more of an easy hike over a moderate one. I would visit again just for the quiet trails and maybe a picnic along the way.

This is one of my favorite trails. I love doing it on evenings during the week when it's less crowded. I usually park at Sherwood House and take the Minebank trail along the stream before hooking into this loop. It's a bit more scenic and adds some hills and distance. You can also add in the sycamore loop and read a poem about one of the trees, and from there take an old driveway down to the reservoir.

I suggest checking to see if there are any special events before you visit. They can make parking a nightmare and the trails get congested.

Love this place, for hiking! It's listed on this app that you can mountain bike here, but I was told that you can only cycle on the roads.

First hike of the year. Surprised by how many steep climbs. Trail markings can be confusing. But a pleasant hike nonetheless.

Great trails but, not marked very clear.

First time - loved wandering around the grounds and trails. Agree that trails are not well marked, but all roads seem to lead back to the main one so it's fine to meander and get temporarily lost. Beautiful even in the winter, can't wait to see all the green in spring and colors in fall.

Sunday, November 27, 2016

Not well marked, beautiful, great for baby, kids, and dogs. A lot of small loops and if you get lost you can easily find your way back as most loops are connected. Wide well maintained trail great anytime of year. Can meander and explore smaller secondary trails.

Sunday, November 13, 2016

Not the best marked,but a nice walk.

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Trails are poorly marked. Got lost for a while. But nice park, beautiful nature.

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Nice stream to follow, but trails are not well marked.

Saturday, May 21, 2016

Beautiful park, multiple trail. If you park near the portapottys (spelling?) go behind them about 350 feet a long the fence line that leads to a few really cool trails!

Friday, May 20, 2016

nice kept trails.

Thursday, April 21, 2016

Lots of overgrowth. Easily sidetracked. Got off trail twice but worth it.

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

i take the whole family, it is a great place. They offer beautiful scenery, easy trails and a nature center. In the spring and fall the county offers educational activities for the children.