Cromwell Valley Park and Loch Raven

Cromwell Valley Park and Loch Raven is a 3.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Parkville, Maryland and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Up and down. Great exercise. Easy to get too. Visit Mallory the duck at the Ranger center.

Well marked trails. Beautiful fall day for hiking. Lots of goldenrod.

Very well maintained park with most trail marked but many were a bit confusing for me. Sure glad I use All/Trails. I would recommend you printing a map of any trail first as a backup in case your maps fail to show up on your App. There are a few Spot-A-Pots on the parking lots but there is no drinking water fountains around. I hiked 4 miles of trails and the weather got a bit warm. I used my filter and got more water from a running stream 2 miles into my hike so I could have a hot stream side lunch. There are a few benches along some of the trails but not many picnic tables. The only tables I saw was in the sunny areas or the few by the Ranger Station.

poorly marked trails and many side trails that can make the hike a bit confusing. with the use of this app there were no troubles however without the app it could be very difficult to navigate.

Nice stroll with a bit of climbing. Recommend going off the trail briefly to walk down to the Loch Raven Dam.

Some areas with no shade. They have many dog waste disposal areas on the trails which is nice. We also got to see a deer cross our path.

Lovely trails, although the markings are a bit confusing. Lots of scenic side trails to discover and get distracted with along the way. I went during what I thought would be peak activity, but only ran into one other person the whole time. There are lots of great places to kick back and watch the clouds or just enjoy the surrounding peacefulness. I hike regularly and would consider this more of an easy hike over a moderate one. I would visit again just for the quiet trails and maybe a picnic along the way.