Chevrolet Trail Loop is a 6.7 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Woodstock, Maryland that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, running, and nature trips and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 6.7 miles Elevation Gain: 439 feet Route Type: Loop

Great hike my gps ended at 6.9 instead of 5.9 so it is a little long. If you have hiking boots or waterproof shoes wear them this trail is very muddy at times!

We had a wonderful hike here today! We started on the quarry side and then ended with the river. It was so pretty and just enough hills for us. I think it would be hillier coming from the other direction. Here are a couple photos from the trail.

The trail was lovely and interesting. We arrived at 9 am, parked across from the Woodstock Inn, and hiked 2.5 miles before we saw another hiker. Funny, I did not expect the cars! Now I know why it is called the Chevrolet Loop! So nice to be on an uncrowded trail on Memorial Day. When we left at noon people were arriving in mass.

Long but not difficult. Beautiful in late May! Great forest foliage meets river foliage and creates this gorgeous Middle Earth like realm. The old cars are cool too!

Super great Mountain bike trail! A few tricky spots

LOST DOG SEEN. Still on the trail but I just saw a brown dog with a pink color going down the trail. Tried to get him/her to come to me but they kept running down the trail. Last seen around halfway point of loop in the clearing heading towards the river. I’m going to post a picture of the area I’m referring to next.

Very scenic, pretty flat but one of my favorite hikes in patapsco.

Great trail, perfect hiking spot to feel completely secluded from the city, though only 25 minutes away from Baltimore. The hike is about 7 miles and not so much elevations but it was wonderful just walking along the river and seeing the different landscapes. One of my favorite hikes in the area.

Nice trail. Good for evening walks.. it’s about 6 miles..it’s my first hike in 2020.. not so crowded..

Great trail! Not overly crowded, dog friendly, really nice by the river, pretty easy hike overall but a good length for walking, running, or biking.

Clockwise (white) trail blazes stop at about the 3 mile mark. Follow medallions and map after that.

fee

I definitely recommend this trail for anyone looking for a long but not a strenuous hike. It offers great scenery and wasn’t too busy on a nice day as there are many trails around. The loop itself is well maintained and is fairly easy to navigate despite blazes not being visible at times. As far as we could tell, there are no disgusted crossings on the river so plan to either stay on one side of the river if you don’t plan on either getting wet or crossing a downed tree (which the two of us did and it was a lot of fun). All in all, it was a great area and family friendly.

Great places to stop on the water and spend all day. Hike was moderately challenging

Decent trail with clear paths. The foliage had light green carpets of ferns and undergrowth, with small creeks and waterfalls going uphill counterclockwise and a walk along the large creek for the last third. Charge your battery so you can check your map because it’s not well marked, but easy to follow the terrain.

Great trail, relatively secluded. Has a lot of nice spots to take a break and enjoy the view. Make sure to park across from the Woodstock Inn. If you get to the parking lot early in the day park facing the woods to keep your car in the shade. Some parts of the trail were not greatly marked but the path is well beaten down and there are many trails the intersect with this trail. As long as you follow a path in the general direction you should end up back on the trail again. Great views along the river. Can get muddy in some places but there’s plenty of space to walk around any large mud spots.

Trail was fairly well marked and easy. It is actually about 7.6 miles according to Alltrails recording.

Awesome hike. might be our new favorite. Excellent plant diversity. May apple flowers are about to pop.

Good trail - easy hike - good for dogs - very wet but we’ve had tons of rain so we were prepared. We were NOT prepared to see a trail so poorly blazed. We did the loop clockwise and the blazing was good for half the trail. Nothing that we could see on the second half. Lots of intersections with no indication where we should go. Thankfully we had our phones and this app - otherwise we’d still be wandering around.

Great trail. Heavily wooded. Nice river views, not too many obstacles, clean trail. Good for bikes and hiking.

recorded Recording - Feb 01, 04:41 PM

This is a nice hike. It was a little muddy today but the trail runs through some beautiful hilly forests as well as along the Patapsco. Bring your camera!

a Little muddy ,also found deer hair on the trail and a deer carcass in the field. saw some horse tracts on the trail so be mindful that hunters are aloud to hunt here and horse back riding is a possibility