Cash Lake Loop Trail

Cash Lake Loop Trail is a 2.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Laurel, Maryland that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

The hike is short but the scenery and wildlife are terrific. It starts at the visitor center for the Patuxent National Wildlife refuge, near Beltsville, Md. Trails are very well marked and you can get a trail map inside the visitor center. This is a great family outing. 256 wild bird species have been spotted in the refuge.

Nice hike around the lake. Also, check out the nature center.

Absolutely beautiful in the summer. Since we had a late start to the day, I didn't want a long hike. So, I took my dog and we had a great time walking about and watching the wildlife. We even saw some beavers splashing around. Despite the amount of cars, the land is so spread out that it feels very natural and serene.

Nothing to complain about at all. I'll definitely go again, and maybe bring a picnic basket too!

The lake is pretty. I went during the fall on a rainy day, so I'd like to go back when everything is green

I loved this trail. Beautiful green brush and trees opening up sometimes for water views. Paths were easy to walk. There was a little bridge overlooking gorgeous white and pink water lilies. This easy hike was essentially a good stretch of your legs (it will still tire you out). My dog liked it too.

The only downside was that I couldn't find a trashcan to put my dog waste bag in! Why?

Nice easy trail for 2 out of shape older people. Helpful staff at the visitors center.

A nice easy loop - do it two or three times for training. Family friendly, nearby parking, accessible most of the year.

My dog and I decided to explore this stroll/hike..Having lived in Hawaii and hiking, I didn't expect much.

The hike was surprisingly pleasant, I enjoyed the scenery, peaceful and it was clean.
The weather was beautiful, and the trail is marked very well, you cannot get lost. you can also get a map right at the beginning of the hikes.
parking was also good, but on a day when it's really full, I can see the space running out quick, not a lot of space.

Negetive is that there is no trash can anywhere to put dog waste..and that just didn't make sense to me.

For someone who isn't looking for anything strenuous and long..this could work.