Cascade Falls Trail

Cascade Falls Trail is a 2.1 mile out and back trail located near Ellicott City, Maryland that features a waterfall. The trail is good for all skill levels and is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.1 miles Elevation Gain: 272 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Beautiful! Lots of options to increase distance and difficulty. Some parks heavily trafficked, other parts you’ll see no one. Highly recommend.

Easy to get to and just the right amount of challenge to keep it interesting and easy for all your outdoor loving friends.

Easy, pleasant trail with nice waterfall at the end.

We went with a 12, 8, and 4 year old, and also my 70 yo mother. We all had a great time! After walking to the falls, it felt great to get in the water. It was Labor Day so there were lots of people, but still room for all of us to have a great time!

Great hike but I find the trails outside the main “path” very difficult to navigate. I haven’t done many hikes here and that may be why, but also the different trails are all marked with the same color blaze making it easier to get lost or turned around. The falls are amazing, but if you want to take photos or swim in the summer go early before the place is overrun with kids and families. I believe there are signs saying hiking path only, but people ride their bikes anyways so look out for that. The river is also not too far from the parking area inside the park and is a great place to swim. Bring water shoes or shoes that can get wet if you plan to enter the water at the falls or in the river, it is very rocky. Park often fills up in the summer and they will close the gates, you can still reach the falls by parking outside the park at the other end of the trail and hiking in.

This was my first hike in Patapsco and I was not disappointed! It’s a beautiful trail, lots of fell trees, winds along the creek, and is very cool. It’s currently 88, but the trail was perfectly shaded. The trail is pretty well marked (blue). It was also the first hike with my 10 week old puppy and she was able to navigate herself well. My 8 year old dog also was able to keep up. We will definitely be back to check out more of the park!

I loved this trail. Don’t recommend children going it’s very rocky. Go early before the bikers go. Parking is $3

This was my first trip out since I was diagnose with pneumonia on June 22. - Feeling much better now but the heats a problem for this old senior. - The wife and I went out for dinner but had time to checkout the park before the gates closed. - This was my first hike so we took it easy by doing the flat paved Old River road trail and also up to the falls.

Nice, easy trail but docking points b/c there are NO signs anywhere on the trail. Got turned around a few times and some, or any signage would have been nice to guide you back to trailhead.

Beautiful trail. Lots to see, like being in another world.

Overall good but couldn’t follow the 3 mile loop. Fun to make your own path though!

Nice trail, fairly easy but buggy near the water. The falls are before the end of the trail. Bathrooms at the end.

Loved it! Only wished there were more signs on the trail. Thanks to All Trails otherwise it would have been lost and found all day. Trails are very good but signage needed for directional purposes.

My mother and I were able to complete the full loop and had a lot of fun! I will be returning with my mountain bike!

Loved it! There are some steep hills, but a lovely adventure

gorgeous weather, gorgeous trail. No complaints!

Great day and a great trail

Nice 2 mile hike.

Sat Nov 24 2018

Took my pup out here and found the trails to be very diverse and entertaining. Some areas were rugged and parts were smooth sailing; which made for a great mixture. We really enjoyed the multiple stream crossings and waterfall.

Mon Sep 24 2018

Great trail with lots of interest. 2 waterfalls, stream crossings, rocky and good grade to make it exciting