Cascade Falls Trail

Cascade Falls Trail is a 2.1 mile out and back trail located near Ilchester, Maryland that features a waterfall. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Absolutely gorgeous falls and trail! I would go again!

Nice after work hike. The trail was a little muddy from yesterdays rain.

My friend and I started our hike at the Lost Lake parking lot. We started out on Grist Mill Trail. This trail was entirely paved (which was a little boring), but along the way, we spotted little viewing spots of the Patapsco River, tunnels underneath the train tracks, and even a few little tunnel-like passages that while I wouldn't recommend going into, were fascinating to see. At the swinging bridge off of Grist Mill, we crossed onto the Cascade Trail, which was much more rugged. It crossed streams and waterfalls many times and had lots of opportunities to explore the surrounding areas. This hike was only about 5 or 6 miles long but one of my favorites so far. As well as hiking, I was taking time to photograph some of the views.

Always nice quick escape at the end of a long day to see the falls.

Sunday, June 04, 2017