Cascade Falls Loop Trail

Cascade Falls Loop Trail is a 2.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Elkridge, Maryland that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Rootball Trail is currently closed.

Great trail. Easy walk with a few rocks to navigate and a few creek crossings. Took the family and very much enjoyed it. Out and back took about 1hour, 45 minutes while taking our time for a few pictures.

Muddy hike on a warm winter's day. Rewarded with a partially frozen Waterfall.

Great trail. Loved the half frozen Cascade Falls. Took lots of nice pictures along the way. Look forward to going again.

Went yesterday with my two kids. The frozen waterfall was a sight to see! Very muddy and Rocky as it was a 55 degree day after a month of very cold temps. Crossing some of the water was a little dicey. Bit it was beautiful and I look forward to taking them back in the spring!

Great hike in 18° weather this morning. I was unable to capture the trip using this app due to the low temperature. Very well-maintained path. Creek crossings were a bit tough with all the ice , But my six-year-old and I took on a nice little walk.

I loved this hike. It has enough level of challenge to give you a bit of a workout but not difficult at all views are beautiful and the little waterfalls are cute especially frozen or partially frozen as I saw them. Totally recommend it.

Great hike. Cool falls I never knew about.

Two words: It’s rocky. Well, about 35-45% of this trail offers a rocky challenge where some spots are enhanced by inclines and hills. This is a popular trail for families, one I’ve visited before without recording and reviewing. I found the experience different when I used someone else trek. I realized I needed to make waypoints along the way as I found myself going off course. I had to scramble a hillside a bit when I got to the waterfall due to all the frozen ice everywhere (this is where I stopped and re-started my recording). No probs, though. This is a fun trail all year around, but be careful of all the branching points on the trail.

A nice rocky hike tucked in the middle of suburbia. There are a few housing developments surrounding the park/trail, so you have to park on the side of the road and walk down to the trailhead.

Loved it. The perfect short hike.

Very well maintained trail, although it can get crowded on weekends. Great for trail running. Mainly like it because the trail is varied, not paved and away from the highway noise.

We liked this hike. A little bit of rock scrambling is fun for the wee ones. I went with a 5 year old and 11 year old. Hiking boots not necessary. Crocs worked just fine and let the kids get wet in the water.

Not recommended for seniors. The path soon narrows to a walk filled with sharp stones and large roots often too close to the a cliff above the river. This combined with a busy traffic and streams that must be waded makes the walk unpleasant and perhaps dangerous.

Nice trail. Quiet. Waterfall is pleasant to sit in front of for relaxation.

The weather has been great temperature wise. The Weather people continue to get it wrong but they get to keep their jobs. Funny! Everyday they call for rain but it only happens at night. Lucky us but be sure to carry a raincoat.

Beautiful trail, a little confusing as there are multiple ways to reach the trail but the falls are worth it

This is a very pretty trail? But the area around the falls is very crowded which can make running through a challenge. The other areas of the loop are open.

Nice, pleasant hike with well-maintained trails. The swinging bridge is also a sweet destination!

Clean and well maintained trail. The water falls are nice and would be fun to swim or splash in. This trail was also moderately challenging but not too long, making it a good day hike. It is also near the swinging bridge. I wish it connected to other trails for a longer hike. Maybe it does, but we couldn't find the trails!