Cascade Falls Loop Trail is a 3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Elkridge, Maryland that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The trail itself is very good. The loop runs adjacent to the river for a while and the waterfall section is beautiful and a great place to sit down and take in the scenery. However, the trail isn't marked too well and you can miss the route for the falls pretty easily. Overall though the trail is nice, easy, and family friendly (just watch the kids around the falls).

Beautiful trail. Had to cross a few streams but nothing to serious. Will definitely go back again. The waterfalls are breathtaking.

Very nice views during fall time. Definitely recommended!

Nice hike very dog friendly. Not marked well.

Love this trail! Beautiful and fun!!!

Hike along water streams, nice view.

Beautiful trail. Almost missed the waterfall after making the entire loop, but checked the map on this app and backtracked a bit to the falls. Glad we did! Definitely a moderate hike, not too much in the way of elevation, and all around enjoyable. We will be back!

The hike itself was beautiful, but I found the trail to be poorly marked and we missed the trail to do the full loop and had multiple other hikers ask us for directions back to their cars. I would definitely hike it again, but would use the map more instead of trusting the trail.

After breakfast, The wife and I rode into the park. This is a great little loop that features the Cascade Falls, A climb on part of the Ridge Trail and a flat easy 2 miles up and back to the Bloede Dam Project. The dam is being removed. Super nice weather and the park was once again crowded. Limited parking due to half of the park still closed due to flood damage.

Had a blast on this trail with my 8 and 13 year old daughters. Was pretty muddy when we went tho but it made it more fun in a way lol. Sliding and trying not to fall lol.

Cool trail, but I found it extremely heavily trafficked. I felt like I was on some kind of tour. There was always someone right in front or behind you. I did go on a Sunday during the summer, so perhaps it wouldn’t be so busy during fall. There were a lot of kids in the water, and honestly I felt like a tourist. The trail was very dog friendly for active dogs. There were a lot of spots for me to veer off trail and take tasteful nude Instagram photos.

This was our 1st hike in Patapsco Valley State Park and we loved it. The path from Landing road was easy to find. The waterfall was cool and offered a nice resting & refuel waypoint. After we crossed the waterfall we completed the loop which offered a few nice elevation changes. We had to follow the GPS to complete the loop, we had to back track twice to stay on the correct trail.

Great hike with the kids! Tons of stop off points. Front end is more entertaining than the back end. Though the back end is definitely less trafficked.

Great hike with lots of little spots for wading in the water or shallow pools for kids to play in.

very nice walk and good get away!!!

Easy hike- took my 7yr old and puppy. Small but pretty waterfall and pretty walk along the creek. A lot of families, kids, bikers, runners. Felt safe. Overall very nice

Very cute easy trail that is very well maintained! Came across a handful of mountain bikers throughout the 3mile hike and plenty of people and dogs. Wasn’t as crowded as I thought it’d be (definitely not as bad as sugarloaf mountain). The falls are tiny but cute and it has 2 small pools below it that you can hang out in. The top pool is only about 3ft deep at its deepest and the bottom pool is max 2ft deep. Great spot to bring a friendly dog (my 10lb dog loved it, couldn’t bring my 30lb dog because she doesn’t do well with large numbers of nearby dogs while on leash)

Waterfall was nice but too many mountain bikers the day I went.

Good workout for a beginner like me.

Beautiful and peaceful!

Moderate hike with waterfall fairly close to beginning of trail! Definitely recommend!

its a fun trail peaceful not a lot of traffic some mountain bikers but its nice pretty trail.

Nice walk. A lot of people and bikers on the trail.

Great location and trails.

A pretty and well maintained trail with a cute little waterfall! The hike itself is fairly easy and I was able to bring my dog. I am unfortunately giving less stars due to getting lost. This trail intersects with several bike trails and the markings are very confusing. We ended up getting a little lost and did part of a bike loop. Thankfully we were able to find our way back to the original trail. Some very friendly hikers helped point us in the right direction. ☺️

Such a beautiful trail!

Solid trail. Well maintained. Took about 2 hours with frequent stops. I don't recommend going on a Sunday afternoon as it was very crowded. Too many families with little trail etiquette for my taste.

Gorgeous and mild, offering many opportunities to lengthen the hike with additional trails. I agree with other posters that way-marking could be better, but now that I've done it once I feel like I wouldn't get lost on a second go.

Great hike ! Crowded by falls with been bikes and dogs but it is a Sunday and pretty spring day! Lots of other trails to explore and rocks to boulder around on.