Cabin John Trail

Cabin John Trail is a 14.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Bethesda, Maryland that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is good for all skill levels offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Dog Shit Trail is the new name, very disappointed! Great weather brings out the best in Fido’s friend. Dog waste every where on the trail! Wake up America!

Heavily trafficked by dog walkers, bicycles and others. Would have enjoyed more if more remote and less noisy.

Pretty trail. Hard to believe it's nestled in between congested areas. Good for getting back into shape, mostly flat with a few up hills!

Sunday, April 23, 2017

This was a lovely hike. All Trails' map is inaccurate at the end of the first half and puts you out on a large road with lots of traffic. Avoid going out onto the street and simply turn back. We'll do it again by modifying that way. Pretty creeks, trees, nice shade for hiking without too much direct sun.

Sunday, January 15, 2017

Ran the southern portion of the trail with my dog on a leash. Ran into lots of dogs off leash. Normally this does not bother me but when I asked two guys to control their dogs after I had to get in between their dogs trying to bite mine they started threatening me and luckily only harsh words ensued. I doubt I will ever run this beautiful trail again.

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Loved it! Very shaded so I didn't feel so hot

Sunday, June 05, 2016

Took off from the family park area and walked all the way down to the Potomac (might've been the C&O Canal I joined up with). Ended up being 19+ miles but it was a really pretty walk. Not terribly challenging but glad I brought fuel

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Great. We took our dogs and they loved the creek too. Nice trail.

Sunday, August 30, 2015

Great.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

This is one of my stomping ground rides. I grew up around this trail, but it has changed dramatically since MORE started maintaining it.
I love this ride! It's got a little but of everything to offer. Rock gardens, logs, stream crossings, steps, water bars, climbs, Decents, good Mileage.
It's a great out and back that will push you if you push it. It's a lot of fun!
Only downside is the need to navigate a few road sections to connect trail heads.

Friday, January 20, 2012

Either walk in Montgomery Mall or better yet, cross the street and walk in the park. You can do sections of the trail and don't need to complete the whole 11 miles. A great walk for a lazy summer evening with the spouse or a friend. You can also watch the kids train that runs in the park.

Sunday, May 21, 2017