Cabin John Trail

Cabin John Trail is a 4.9 mile loop trail located near Bethesda, Maryland that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is good for all skill levels offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This was a lovely hike. All Trails' map is inaccurate at the end of the first half and puts you out on a large road with lots of traffic. Avoid going out onto the street and simply turn back. We'll do it again by modifying that way. Pretty creeks, trees, nice shade for hiking without too much direct sun.

Ran the southern portion of the trail with my dog on a leash. Ran into lots of dogs off leash. Normally this does not bother me but when I asked two guys to control their dogs after I had to get in between their dogs trying to bite mine they started threatening me and luckily only harsh words ensued. I doubt I will ever run this beautiful trail again.

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Loved it! Very shaded so I didn't feel so hot

Sunday, July 31, 2016

Sunday, June 05, 2016

Took off from the family park area and walked all the way down to the Potomac (might've been the C&O Canal I joined up with). Ended up being 19+ miles but it was a really pretty walk. Not terribly challenging but glad I brought fuel

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Great. We took our dogs and they loved the creek too. Nice trail.

Thursday, December 24, 2015