Cabin John Trail

Cabin John Trail is a 4.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Bethesda, Maryland that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is good for all skill levels offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Heavily trafficked by dog walkers, bicycles and others. Would have enjoyed more if more remote and less noisy.

Pretty trail. Hard to believe it's nestled in between congested areas. Good for getting back into shape, mostly flat with a few up hills!

This was a lovely hike. All Trails' map is inaccurate at the end of the first half and puts you out on a large road with lots of traffic. Avoid going out onto the street and simply turn back. We'll do it again by modifying that way. Pretty creeks, trees, nice shade for hiking without too much direct sun.

Ran the southern portion of the trail with my dog on a leash. Ran into lots of dogs off leash. Normally this does not bother me but when I asked two guys to control their dogs after I had to get in between their dogs trying to bite mine they started threatening me and luckily only harsh words ensued. I doubt I will ever run this beautiful trail again.

Saturday, October 29, 2016