BWI Trail

BWI Trail is a 10.8 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Linthicum, Maryland that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 10.8 miles Elevation Gain: 426 feet Route Type: Loop

paved

Kind of boring but fairly easy. Turned around about 1/4 into the trail and ended up doing a total of 5 miles

Very easy trail for an avid road bike rider. Did it twice just to get miles. A few too many stop and goes, and noise pollution is bad with cars and planes, but wore my ear buds and all was good. I would do it again bc you can get some good miles with rolling hills without worrying about being hit on the highway.

One of my favorite running loops. Extra bonus the 2 porta potties behind the playground at the parking lot.

Wide, well-maintained fun trail with lots of great views of the airport from a variety of directions. Some horses, a train crossing, all kinds of fun.

Great trail! Great ride! a nice mixture of scenery!

Very long, very nice!

really fun trail. it is one of those trails that has the attitude "Work hard and play hard". after intense up hill battles you are rewarded with great down hill turns, keeping both your muscles and mind constantly engaged.

Quite challenging for a beginner biker. Small patches of beautiful nature. Saw a bunch of horses for a short minute. Beautiful black butterflies scattered around the trail. Smooth trail. Super fun!

Easy to moderate ride. Good for all types of cyclist ann skill level. Trail has a few hills that challenge the rider, but easy to climb. Observation park allows you to see airplane land or take off. Parking at the park is somewhat limited on weekends and week day afternoons. There is parking along sections of the trail. Easy to access the B&A Trail from BWI trail.

I usually bike the trail or hike the short section from my house to the horse farm and back. Today I decided to hike the whole trail. I left around 6am so there was very little traffic on the trail. I really enjoyed taking in the things you miss when you bike or drive around. Lots of wildflowers. Marshy sections with tall grasses. The few wooded sections are a nice relief from the what is generally an unshaded trail. It’s nice that its 100% paved. I rolled my ankle a while ago and am building strength back up on flat surfaces before i go back to dirt trails

Trail is all paved and I'm good condition. Moderate difficulty as a whole, with the occasional tough spots mixed in with some nice downhill rest built in. Be careful at Stewart Avenue and Newport Road, the path is tricky there. if you aren't paying attention, you'll end up on the John Overstreet Connector Path that takes you to the Baltimore Annapolis Trail. if you don't notice, you'll be riding all day.

Good trail lots of heels. Went out on Memorial Day it was fun, found myself winded in the first 6 miles but i just started roadbiking again...building up my stamina. I’d do this trail again. There wasn’t a lot of hikers in the way or cars but maybe it was like that because the day we chose to go on. We took a wrong turn and really ending up at bicycle park at the airport lol which is cool, took us no time to find the trail again all of 4 minutes. But it great to know BWI definitely is bike friendly. I’ll do it again it was fun. A quick 10.5 mile ride.

Well, I’ve been reading the reviews. Must say the trail circles BWI Airport. I must mention that parking is available at the start point. There is a play ground for children. The horse farm is an added plus. The trail it self is made of pavement. I did the first loop on the pavement and the second I alternated from the grass to the pavement. I Needed to hike on some pavement to get my legs acclimated to that kind of surface. Well. I’m sore to say the least. If I wanted to do marathon running training or some biking, I would definitely recommend this trail. Today was 60s and overcast. I did get turned around on the trail and took a wrong turn. I soon found out where I needed to be due to this app. I didn’t see too many hikers with packs. I guess because the pavement is hard on your feet when you are hiking In distances over 10 or 20 miles. Great scenery of Modern Aviation. Moderate traffic. There are benches along the way. So, if your hiking and want a nice easy trail that stretches 10 miles plus with pavement, which will soon beat your feet up this trail is for you. I like this trail, but for long hiking I would chose another. Oh if you or your family would like to go on a 3 to 5 mile day hike and look at the horses near the middle school, This is for you. Just wear some running or walking shoes!

I run this trail often and sometimes with my rottweiler. big enough for bikers and runners. this is probably my go too route when I want to get in over 13 miles. I usually run to lindale middle and then come back to airport park and run to Dorsey and come back.. that should give you 14-16 miles. gonna be out tmrw.. if you see us say hi!

Great trail, well marked and easy to navigate. There were a few long, slow hills, but other than that it ia a relatively easy trail. Get there early if you're planning to park at the observation area; it's a small lot that fills up quickly.

Especially nice when all trails are to muddy to navigate.

Excellent paved trail around the outside perimeter of Baltimore/Washington International airport. Trail wide enough to handle bikers, runners, and walkers. You also get great views of arriving and departing aircraft at BWI.

ran this loop while training for a half marathon, thoroughly enjoyed it! i much prefer loop trails to out-and-backs, so this was a great long run, kept me entertained! fairly well marked (one or two spots where the signage confused me). surprising variety of scenery, not difficult in regards to hills. there are a few spots where you have to cross roads/watch for traffic but its safe as long as you're careful. looking forward to returning soon!

Tue Jan 08 2019

Rode this trail several times. very nice, peaceful. I really enjoy riding here.

Tue Jan 08 2019

Lots of cyclists but a nice, easy walk with my senior dog.

Sat Dec 08 2018

great trail, good views.

Fri Jul 13 2018

my favorite trail for morning stroll

Mon May 28 2018

My first and 2nd favorite trail for cycling. Was nervous about riding so close to traffic but its not bad at all.

Sun Aug 20 2017

Cool place to watch the planes fly by!

Sat Jul 29 2017

Awesome!! Pretty flat in most areas. Did it in the boutique g rain and it was fun

Sun Jun 25 2017

One of my favorites for half marathon training. There are a few options to park near it, depending on what it convenient. Perfect for long runs! Whenever I have 8-10 miles to do, I do it hear, so I'm away from my car, and I can push through. There are some slight hills throughout, so be mindful of that for running. Lots to look at, and lots of people out on it constantly. The only downfall are some of the crosswalks, since drivers aren't considerate (or law abiding).

Mon Jun 05 2017

Awesome trail with a lot to see. It can be a little complicated at certain points but overall excellent. It can be hard at times and be careful of sharp downhill turns. It's ideal for road bikes.

Sun May 07 2017

good training loop; more likely to try loop if riding an endurance road bike

Mon Feb 20 2017

I definitely would not rate this as moderate -- it's predominately flat. While it's a long trail at almost 11 miles, it's paved and very easy terrain. If you're a local runner, it's a great way to get in miles!

Fri Feb 17 2017