Brooks Hill Loop Trail

Brooks Hill Loop Trail is a 2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Frederick Junction, Maryland that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

historic site

Nice 2 mile loop. I would rate this closer to easy, not moderate. There is an incline and decline which will get your heart rate up, but it’s not difficult at all and I am not in the best shape. Please note the area where there are cows has an electric fence. I only saw 1 tiny sign. I will definitely be back for evening hikes!

Fun little trail that is marked okay. We took the long loop that went along the Monocacy River counterclockwise. There is an industrial zone across the river. Half way through the hike we came across a farm with many cows. The trail then goes up a small hill with a switchback incline then comes down to the parking area where we started. There is a historical farm house, picnic tables, and a cannon next to the parking area with a nice view of the farm. I docked the trail two stars because of the industrial zone and the proximity to the highway that offers unwanted noise. The trail is moderately travelled on the weekend. Cheers.