Broad Creek Trail

Broad Creek Trail is a 4.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Annapolis, Maryland that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Well marked trail. Unimproved trails and lots of hills. One stream to ford.

The terrain was easily manageable. The first mile is really a loop back to the trail head. At the 3/4 mile mark, just as the trail starts to incline quickly, there is a fork that takes you towards the creek and the remainder of the trail. You can easily miss it; and in doing so end up back at the beginning without having gotten into the meat if the trail. We made this mistake.

Not a bad trail.

A nice moderately easy path through the woods. The entrance was tricky to find the first time and you can always hear nearby traffic but my dogs loved it and I'll definitely be going back.

I didn't like this trail very much; went for a run and got lost multiple times. I also ran right through the biggest spider web that I've ever seen, there was no way around it.

No one goes here. Great place for the dog off the leash

Lots of deer that my ridgeback got to chase while hiking!

I entered the trail behind the library and it started out great, well marked easy to follow nice scenery, then about a mile in the trail markings became farther apart and the trail narrowed making it impossible to follow. I ended up getting lost a couple of times and somehow made it back to a different part of the trail. I ended up giving up and walking from the high school (the other side of the park from where I started) back to my car on the streets because the trail was so poorly marked. If you take this trail make sure that you either stay near the library area or have a smart phone (I do not) and download the map so you can stay on the trail.

Broad Creek Park has a network of trails that zig zag thru the many runs down to Broad Creek. The trails are hilly and challenging, and the views quite good. Main trailhead is behind the Anne Arundel county library headquarters building on Truman parkway, but there are additional access points, including at the back of the Annapolis high school athletic fields.

This trail was in an ideal location, just 5 minutes from my hotel. It was perfect for a hike. My only suggestion is a trail map produced by those that maintain it. The loop I did was maybe a mile or a little over but not 2.4. Also, I found a well marked trail entrance behind the Parks & Rec building by the Library headquarters. Easy parking. However, the trail came out behind the Dept of health and continued behind office buildings. I found that to be a little odd. Otherwise, awesome piece of nature in the city!

Really great trail! Although the trails indicating arrows aren't that accurate towards the end of the trail. We had to turn back the way we came

It was alright. Good if you like a bumpy path, like I do. Not the prettiest or most well maintained walk in the area, as the tour of discarded tires and rusted garbage make clear during your adventure.