Broad Creek Trail

Broad Creek Trail is a 4.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Annapolis, Maryland that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Well marked trail. Unimproved trails and lots of hills. One stream to ford.

Hills and secluded once you get in there... felt like a nice hiking area... but easy to get lost! Luckily my friend had her dog and he lead the way ... I’m bringing a spray paint can next time to leave marks for the people that come after me :) we parked at Annapolis a high school which was a good starting spot.

Small loop is fun, hilly, need to watch out for tree roots but they can make helpful stairs! Large additional loop down past the high school is very poorly marked and we will not be going back.

Great hike. Never new this trail was here.

Some of the best incline in all of AA county. Hard to find the trail from where All Trails says the trailhead is. I would suggest continuing on the main road to the next parking lot (Library and Recreation building) on the left. The actual trail head starts at the back of the parking lot. There is a literal sign that says “Trailhead,” you can’t miss it. Trail is pretty well blazed with orange diamond markers on trees. Be careful of all the roots that protrude from the ground, they can be slippery and dangerous.

Pretty hard path to trail run - lots of hard slopes. Beautiful scenery that runs past a really pretty stretch of water, I would definitely say the hard parts are so worth the views. Be careful to look for the trail markers though, because while there are trail markers along the majority of the path, it gets a little hard to find at various parts. The path is not well worn at the most southern part and I had to use this app’s trail map and my google maps app to make sure I was staying on the proper path. Hard, but definitely worth it! Perfect in the autumn!

The terrain was easily manageable. The first mile is really a loop back to the trail head. At the 3/4 mile mark, just as the trail starts to incline quickly, there is a fork that takes you towards the creek and the remainder of the trail. You can easily miss it; and in doing so end up back at the beginning without having gotten into the meat if the trail. We made this mistake.

Not a bad trail.

A nice moderately easy path through the woods. The entrance was tricky to find the first time and you can always hear nearby traffic but my dogs loved it and I'll definitely be going back.

I didn't like this trail very much; went for a run and got lost multiple times. I also ran right through the biggest spider web that I've ever seen, there was no way around it.

No one goes here. Great place for the dog off the leash

Lots of deer that my ridgeback got to chase while hiking!

I entered the trail behind the library and it started out great, well marked easy to follow nice scenery, then about a mile in the trail markings became farther apart and the trail narrowed making it impossible to follow. I ended up getting lost a couple of times and somehow made it back to a different part of the trail. I ended up giving up and walking from the high school (the other side of the park from where I started) back to my car on the streets because the trail was so poorly marked. If you take this trail make sure that you either stay near the library area or have a smart phone (I do not) and download the map so you can stay on the trail.

Broad Creek Park has a network of trails that zig zag thru the many runs down to Broad Creek. The trails are hilly and challenging, and the views quite good. Main trailhead is behind the Anne Arundel county library headquarters building on Truman parkway, but there are additional access points, including at the back of the Annapolis high school athletic fields.

This trail was in an ideal location, just 5 minutes from my hotel. It was perfect for a hike. My only suggestion is a trail map produced by those that maintain it. The loop I did was maybe a mile or a little over but not 2.4. Also, I found a well marked trail entrance behind the Parks & Rec building by the Library headquarters. Easy parking. However, the trail came out behind the Dept of health and continued behind office buildings. I found that to be a little odd. Otherwise, awesome piece of nature in the city!

Really great trail! Although the trails indicating arrows aren't that accurate towards the end of the trail. We had to turn back the way we came

It was alright. Good if you like a bumpy path, like I do. Not the prettiest or most well maintained walk in the area, as the tour of discarded tires and rusted garbage make clear during your adventure.

great trail! even got in a little bramble bush wacking!!! very peaceful and quiet.

Family friendly but not much to it if you don't continue onto the high school trail.

This a quick and easy hike. I did just the loop and did not do the part going to the high school. I measured it out around 1.5 miles. It's a good spot to hit when you may be pressed for time and want to hike, trail run, or walk your dog for some quick exercise.

Fairly easy hike, there are a few inclines. Pretty scenic, I'm sure looks even better in the Fall or Spring. Not incredibly busy this time of year, we passed a bike rider and another group walking with their dogs. Some parts of the trail are hidden right now by fallen leaves but there are orange trails markers to guide.

Park by the library is my advice.