Baltimore and Annapolis (B&A) Trail

Baltimore and Annapolis (B&A) Trail is a 13.7 mile heavily trafficked point-to-point trail located near Glen Burnie, Maryland that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 13.7 miles Elevation Gain: 324 feet Route Type: Point to Point

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

paved

rails trails

Other than dodging some homeless in Glen Burnie and one street preacher, it was a fun trail. The coffee shop is a nice rest.

The trail was great. Today was my first time riding my hand cycle through the trail. I definitely will be back soon and i want to give a special thanks to Ranger Sherman for all his help.

Pretty nice trail and definitely not crowded for a weekday. A couple of the street crossings required dismount and drivers were not always accommodating.

Awesome trail, fully paved and good for road biking. Several spots available for pull ups.

Did this trail with my husband the first time riding in 10 years boy i tell you, the ride down was good the ride up was brutal. Not a lot of heels so it was easy in a sense but my legs were dead. Enjoyed it, there’s a cute bike friendly coffee/bagel shop. Stop and grab a bite. All in all this trail was fun. I’d definitely do it again.

Good biking trail, busy in weekend and not a lot of shades

Ran the B&A trail at slow pace in warm weather. Garmin recorded. Completed: 24 May 2019

Wow, It feels like summer again. - With all the rain from yesterday I decided to stay off the hiking trails and do a bit of biking. - The paved B&A and the BWI trails were nice and dry. No mud to deal with today. - With nice weather and it being a weekend the trails were quite crowded. - Very enjoyable day. - With it getting dark earlier and the county parks closing sooner, we park the car at places like L.A. Fitness, Marley Mall and behind Bruster's Ice Cream for the B&A trail. - We park at Lindale Middle School when biking the BWI trail.

nice ride. beautiful scenery and the bikers are friendly and respectful

Wednesday, July 04, 2018

Nice trail. First time, but we will be back.

Sunday, July 01, 2018

Im from Chicago, I travel for work and am always looking for a good running trail near me, and this is the one. I discovered the trail one night after lifting weights at the LA fitness and discovered the B&A trail runs right behind the gym, so I only ran 3 miles towards a mall where I saw a Sears store. Great trail, you will see cyclists and locals walking/ jogging trail. Very quiet and flat with a few hills.

Thursday, April 26, 2018

Took my road bike on this one (Fuji roubaix pro).. there are about 15-25 crosses between the trail and the road.. rarely have to stop.. some very slight inclines but mostly flat... also, you have the option of getting to Annapolis, but you you’d have to be willing to get off the bike trail and go onto a highway (something I gave up on lol) ; parking is available and plentiful at the designated start spot( near bwi) and wasn’t too crowded during the weekday and around noon..

Wednesday, April 04, 2018

not very shaded and very urban. I hike to get away but not a bad tune up for a long hike.

Tuesday, March 13, 2018

I want to do this hike with my friend, but we will need 2 cars. One at each end because we plan on doing the whole hike one way. Where do you park at on the southern end?

Monday, January 22, 2018

Nice ride, but can be crowded.

Monday, August 21, 2017

Many pauses and re-starts on this trek. On today, August 21, 2017, there was a rare total solar eclipse of the sun, and I paused several time to look at sun. I hiked the B n' A segment that features the "Planet Walk" exhibits of our solar system (see uploaded pics and map). I decided on this trail today in observance of the solar eclipse taking place while I was on my trek. Reviewing data about the solar system is a great way to observe the eclipse while it is in progress because it is relative to the event. So, this is where I was during the eclipse. Anyway, aside from this special occasion, its a great trail on any day. 5 Stars!

Thursday, May 18, 2017

This bike trail has spoiled me for the rest of my life.

Sunday, May 07, 2017

great trail to build up endurance; would have used a road bike instead of a mountain bike

Tuesday, April 04, 2017

great trail for road biking

scenic driving
Tuesday, October 18, 2016

I wish we had biked the trail instead of following by car on the highway. But maybe it would have been just as busy.

scenic driving
Tuesday, October 18, 2016

We drove it. Glad we did not bike it. From what I saw the actual trail was way too exposed and it was all too urban.

Saturday, October 15, 2016

I love this trail!!

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Paved trail with some moderate grades, runs along residential and business areas which are sources of road noise. Shade is scarce so it can get warm. Prefer to park at the Marley Station Mall where you can easily access the trail. On a given weekend there was a moderate amount of traffic on the trail.

Sunday, August 07, 2016

Well maintained paved 'commuting' trail. We used easy access from parking lot of Marley Station Mall in Glen Burnie. The terrain involves some moderate grades; there is also little tree cover so it can get hot so pack water and wear the sunblock. The trail crosses and parallels some major roadways so you have to deal with traffic noise. Found it fairly busy on a weekend. Ok for a workout and convenient, if you live in the area...but not if your looking for nature or a tranquil ride.

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Pleasant and well maintained.

Thursday, June 02, 2016

My go to trail for my road bike.

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Bike, hike, dog walk, jog, pull up bars, coffee shop, bike shop! I use it all the time for many various workouts, it is a great safe trail.

Saturday, February 06, 2016

Biked this a number of times. It can get pretty busy on nice days so be careful if you are biking or stay to the right if you are walking or running.

Saturday, December 12, 2015

Excellent trail for biking.

Monday, September 07, 2015

Nice paved path. Good family friendly route nearby plenty of housing developments, so nice for locals to hit a non-vehicle-ridden location for a run, walk, or bike ride. Bikes are supposed to keep it at 15 mph or less so not ideal for race training. Usually not over crowded.