Baltimore and Annapolis (B&A) Trail

Baltimore and Annapolis (B&A) Trail is a 13.7 mile heavily trafficked point-to-point trail located near Glen Burnie, Maryland that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

wheelchair friendly

rails trails

Took my road bike on this one (Fuji roubaix pro).. there are about 15-25 crosses between the trail and the road.. rarely have to stop.. some very slight inclines but mostly flat... also, you have the option of getting to Annapolis, but you you’d have to be willing to get off the bike trail and go onto a highway (something I gave up on lol) ; parking
is available and plentiful at the designated start spot( near bwi) and wasn’t too crowded during the weekday and around noon..

not very shaded and very urban. I hike to get away but not a bad tune up for a long hike.

I want to do this hike with my friend, but we will need 2 cars. One at each end because we plan on doing the whole hike one way. Where do you park at on the southern end?

Nice ride, but can be crowded.

Many pauses and re-starts on this trek. On today, August 21, 2017, there was a rare total solar eclipse of the sun, and I paused several time to look at sun. I hiked the B n' A segment that features the "Planet Walk" exhibits of our solar system (see uploaded pics and map). I decided on this trail today in observance of the solar eclipse taking place while I was on my trek. Reviewing data about the solar system is a great way to observe the eclipse while it is in progress because it is relative to the event. So, this is where I was during the eclipse. Anyway, aside from this special occasion, its a great trail on any day. 5 Stars!

Thursday, May 18, 2017

This bike trail has spoiled me for the rest of my life.

Sunday, May 07, 2017

great trail to build up endurance; would have used a road bike instead of a mountain bike

Tuesday, April 04, 2017

great trail for road biking

scenic driving
Tuesday, October 18, 2016

I wish we had biked the trail instead of following by car on the highway. But maybe it would have been just as busy.

scenic driving
Tuesday, October 18, 2016

We drove it. Glad we did not bike it. From what I saw the actual trail was way too exposed and it was all too urban.

Saturday, October 15, 2016

I love this trail!!

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Paved trail with some moderate grades, runs along residential and business areas which are sources of road noise. Shade is scarce so it can get warm. Prefer to park at the Marley Station Mall where you can easily access the trail. On a given weekend there was a moderate amount of traffic on the trail.

Sunday, August 07, 2016

Well maintained paved 'commuting' trail. We used easy access from parking lot of Marley Station Mall in Glen Burnie. The terrain involves some moderate grades; there is also little tree cover so it can get hot so pack water and wear the sunblock. The trail crosses and parallels some major roadways so you have to deal with traffic noise. Found it fairly busy on a weekend. Ok for a workout and convenient, if you live in the area...but not if your looking for nature or a tranquil ride.

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Pleasant and well maintained.

Thursday, June 02, 2016

My go to trail for my road bike.

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Bike, hike, dog walk, jog, pull up bars, coffee shop, bike shop! I use it all the time for many various workouts, it is a great safe trail.

Saturday, February 06, 2016

Biked this a number of times. It can get pretty busy on nice days so be careful if you are biking or stay to the right if you are walking or running.

Saturday, December 12, 2015

Excellent trail for biking.

Monday, September 07, 2015

Nice paved path. Good family friendly route nearby plenty of housing developments, so nice for locals to hit a non-vehicle-ridden location for a run, walk, or bike ride. Bikes are supposed to keep it at 15 mph or less so not ideal for race training. Usually not over crowded.

Saturday, July 25, 2015

I enjoyed it very safe and pleasant ride ! Nice view while riding your bike , running or walking .

Sunday, July 06, 2014

Today was my first time riding in months. Today was also my first time on this trail. I was amazing. Its very well shaded. Moderate hills just enough to keep the heart rate going and keep thosr legs moving. Like I said I haven't rode in months and we were able to do 22 miles. I will definitely do it again. I felt safe the whole time and the ranger was on the trail. I will recommend

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

So far, this is my favorite rail trail. Parked at the Marley Station Mall (at JC Penney), and hopped right on the trail and rode south all the way to Annapolis. Trail ends approximately 3-4 miles before Annapolis, but is not hard to find your way there. Trail itself was very pretty along the way and very well maintained. Riding in Annapolis was a little hairy as the roads are very narrow, so mostly rode on the sidewalks. Stopped on the way back for some frozen yogurt, which was right on the trail next to the bike shop. Total mileage round trip approximately 28 miles. Next time will ride north and include the trail around BWI airport. Great trail!!!

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Great bike trail!

Monday, June 18, 2012

This is a great trail. It is a nice mix of nature and community including a bike shop right off the trail at the Severna Park station (Pedal Pushers). It is well-maintained and well populated by walkers, bikers, families and pets. We parked at the Dikson Observatory Park near BWI rode all the way to Ramshead Tavern in Annapolis and back and came in at just over 40 miles.

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Good for road bikers and hikers

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

This is a paved trail that is good for riding road bikes or walking. The trail can be a bit crowded as it is only about as wide as one car. It's a very nice trail, and highly recommended. Flat for most of the way with the exception of a few bridges over busy roads (rt 100 for example). Plenty of places to park along the trail including Marley Station Mall which the trail passes directly behind. Extend your ride/walk around the BWI Marshal Airport (add 11+ miles) by connecting with the BWI Trail on the north end.