Baltimore and Annapolis (B&A) Trail

Baltimore and Annapolis (B&A) Trail is a 13.8 mile heavily trafficked point-to-point trail located near Glen Burnie, Maryland that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

wheelchair friendly

rails trails

scenic driving

Many pauses and re-starts on this trek. On today, August 21, 2017, there was a rare total solar eclipse of the sun, and I paused several time to look at sun. I hiked the B n' A segment that features the "Planet Walk" exhibits of our solar system (see uploaded pics and map). I decided on this trail today in observance of the solar eclipse taking place while I was on my trek. Reviewing data about the solar system is a great way to observe the eclipse while it is in progress because it is relative to the event. So, this is where I was during the eclipse. Anyway, aside from this special occasion, its a great trail on any day. 5 Stars!

This bike trail has spoiled me for the rest of my life.

great trail to build up endurance; would have used a road bike instead of a mountain bike

great trail for road biking

scenic driving

I wish we had biked the trail instead of following by car on the highway. But maybe it would have been just as busy.

scenic driving

We drove it. Glad we did not bike it. From what I saw the actual trail was way too exposed and it was all too urban.

I love this trail!!

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Paved trail with some moderate grades, runs along residential and business areas which are sources of road noise. Shade is scarce so it can get warm. Prefer to park at the Marley Station Mall where you can easily access the trail. On a given weekend there was a moderate amount of traffic on the trail.

Monday, August 08, 2016