Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Bacon Ridge Trail is a 5.5 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Crownsville, Maryland that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 5.5 miles Elevation Gain: 479 feet Route Type: Loop

The trail is somewhat easy but not very well marked. Moderate hills make this a great trail for beginners and is heavily used by mountain bikers.

I rode the MTB here yesterday 5/17 and it was crowded but plenty of room for everyone. We rode both P1 and P2 and it’s dry and in excellent shape.

Great moderate clean smooth

Awesome trail but not easy in my opinion. I am a beginner and I did not find it beginner friendly whatsoever. That doesn’t change the fact that the trail is great regardless! I’ve only hiked about 4 different trails before today. Still was able to work up a great sweat here. I may have started at a different location on the trail but my entry way was lots of steep up and down elevations and it was surely difficult. Still enjoyed the challenge nonetheless.

Nice, easy trail! Lots of bikers. No trail markers.

Great trail - Lots of dirt bikers - Random spot of trail has abandoned old cars as the forest has grown around them - very cool

I rode MTB here today (Fri 5/8) and although there were just a couple of soft muddy spots the trail is overall in excellent condition. I road phase 1 and phase 2.

Pretty easy trail, but doing it at a running pace may elevate it to moderate. A few roots to watch out for but otherwise very well-kept trails though not well marked (except occasional directional signs toward parking). Even at a normal walking pace can easily do 7+ miles in a relatively short time 2-4 hours. For mountain bikers seemed like an awesome trail - pretty easy, but fun, and just a few short technical spots that could elevate to moderate difficulty if that. Some fun surprising scenery along the way (won’t say what, don’t want to spoil the fun). Finally, expect parts to be quite muddy after rain.

Wow great trail to take a friend or your dog on :)

Beautiful wooded trail and very nice terrain! Ended up adding a part of BRNA Phase 3 as well, for 8 miles total. Will definitely come here again!

excelente paseo en bici super tranquilo

Fun trail for all skill levels. Been there a couple times and will go back. Trail is a bit crowded, but most people have great etiquette. Watch out for tree roots.

first time on this trail, various terrain but peaceful, can be a bit confusing without a map

Nicely maintained trail, decent for hiking but definitely built for MTB. I started on a late Monday afternoon and there weren’t too many people there, but it definitely picked up around 5-6 pm. I don’t think I’d want to try it on the weekends during social distance times though haha. There’s plenty of parking both sides of the road, but if you park in the little lot, be careful on the side with the porta potty if you don’t have a Jeep or truck. I didn’t quite see the little drop off from the pavement due to erosion I guess, and wham back of my car hit that pretty hard...

such a fun trail! I'll be back

This 5.5 mile trail really is 6.5 miles long. Very nice scenery and fairly easy. Took 2 hrs and 23 minutes to complete, this was just walking average speed. Definitely will be coming back more often to do it again

I love the trails at Bacon Ridge! Probably one of the best hiking spots in Anne Arundel County. Trails are very well maintained. Huge mountain biking area but great for hiking as well. A bunch of hills and turns make the trails interesting as well as a bit challenging. I’d actually rank this trail more on the moderate end due to length and the alternating terrain. Also the trail is about 6.5 miles, not 5.5 as the app states. Great park!

Nice

Easy trail but nice. Light rain kept most people off the trail so we had jt to our self, did not do the entire 5.5 mile loop due to heavier rain.

Nice local trail if you want an easy but peaceful workout. Was not super crowded with mountain bikers so if you just want to hike not a bad spot

rolling hills, beautiful scenery.

Super fun hike. I imagine it’s extremely populated by bikes in warmer months.

nice long hike this time 6.5 miles instead of normally 2 miles. 20 minutes from my house, so convenience is awesome, and trails are always well marked!

This trail is definitely more than 5.5 miles RT if you walk the whole perimeter of the ridge. It’s easy though and as you get further in you can get away from all the road noise. Relaxing for a nice stroll through the woods

extremely muddy today with standing water in places due to the snow showers yesterday.