Assateague Island National Seashore

Assateague Island National Seashore is a 4.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Ocean City, Maryland that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

sea kayaking

beach

Directions from Berlin, MD: Travel east along Route 376 about 4 miles turning right onto Route 611. Follow it several miles south carrying it directly to the parkland. Signage is excellent.

surfing

scenic driving

Always love to visit this park when im here. The park is beautiful. Love seeing the wild horses too while walking the park. If your in town and enjoy the outdoors this is a must.

Wind, rain, sand! Who had the dumb idea to hike the beach in the winter? Maybe some other time.

Probably a better hike for fall. It was almost Christmas and we got caught in the cold blowing rain. It is too long for the punch. If we had seen the horses maybe I would have enjoyed it more.

I thought we would see some wild horses but it did not happen.

We only went to the picnic area and back. There were a lot of birds but not much else.

Came here in December and it was very quiet. Only a few fishermen. Great walk along the beach. Temperature was good for a walk and no wind was blowing so we loved it. Clean beaches.

Absolutely love it there! I go every fall..

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

There was a nice breeze going, I did it in 90 degree heat, but that's my fault. I did almost nine miles. I found it very relaxing, I did not see a ton of wild life. I would do it again. There is a picnic are about 2.5 miles in. Use the beach access entry, I used the off road vehicle entrance and it wasn't convenient.

Wednesday, May 11, 2016