Arnold Trails Loop

Arnold Trails Loop is a 2.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Arnold, Maryland. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking and walking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

No trail head and poorly marked trails. There are a bunch more trails than are mapped. Unfortunately my phone died and I didn’t have a compass but I do fortunately have a good sense of direction so I was able to find where I parked.

That being said, it was really cool knowing I was and could hear some of the urban sprawl that I knew I was surrounded by but totally felt like I was not in the city. There are some old cars and other industrial things in the park but they’ve been there for quiet a long time and are interesting and fun to think of how they got where they were. I will def be going back to explore more!

Also, def not an easy hike. I will wear hiking boots next time and take some water and a compass just in case. Some areas are rutted kind of badly from the mountain bikers and many roots and the elevations can happen quickly all at once.

Good elevation, trail can be confusing with all the little pathways.

Got lost but I was fun

No trail head, just an entryway right next to an elementary school. Some good elevation gain for the area. Can be a bit confusing but most paths lead back to the main one.

Nice hike after work.

lots of steep hills. harder than easy, but easier than moderate

lots of hills . Great workout. lots of optional paths to take.