Area B Red Loop Trail

Area B Red Loop Trail is a 2.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Foxchase Manor, Maryland that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Was more moderate that easy, especially for our novice 10 & 11 year olds. They did have to hop off their bikes a few times. But it was a good experience, and we'll definitely do it again.

Perfect for a short hike with my kids. We enjoyed the different creeks and horses passing us.

Great trail for a new rider. Trail winds through a wooded area, inclines and declines are relatively gentle. Has some roots and rocks in a few locations that spices up the ride. I think there was 4 creek crossings which always adds to the experience. I was looking for a longer ride so I did the loop in both directions. Its a little easier if you bear to the right and go counterclockwise. Either way it is enjoyable trail.

Sunday, August 09, 2015