Area B Red Loop Trail is a 2.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Foxchase Manor, Maryland that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

BEAUTIFUL short hiking trail. Little to no underbrush so you can feel more confident about avoiding ticks. Nice variety of wooded scenery. Wear good shoes as it can be muddy in a few spots.

Nice trail, prepare to get muddy, watch out for lots of horse poop too. Not able to go very high speed , but a descent workout, I would keep it for the horses though.

This hike took about an hour and was easy. It was nice since it has lots of trees; it is a cool path as you cross the creek several times.

Sunday, August 06, 2017

Was more moderate that easy, especially for our novice 10 & 11 year olds. They did have to hop off their bikes a few times. But it was a good experience, and we'll definitely do it again.

Sunday, August 06, 2017

Perfect for a short hike with my kids. We enjoyed the different creeks and horses passing us.

Thursday, April 13, 2017

Great trail for a new rider. Trail winds through a wooded area, inclines and declines are relatively gentle. Has some roots and rocks in a few locations that spices up the ride. I think there was 4 creek crossings which always adds to the experience. I was looking for a longer ride so I did the loop in both directions. Its a little easier if you bear to the right and go counterclockwise. Either way it is enjoyable trail.

Thursday, September 14, 2017