American Chestnut Land Trust Trail

American Chestnut Land Trust Trail is a 6.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Port Republic, Maryland that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

first time at this place and we are excited to return to discover the other trails this place offers. besides seeing one other group in passing, my hubby and I were alone on it. we veered to the right after parking and ended up trying the newer Pink Trail. although we didn't make it to the Raft, we promised to see it using the trails north of the creek. The trails are wide, serene, full of beauty and the elevation differences were quite the workout. it is rated moderate to difficult and that is on point. worth repeating and worth the adventure

Great scenery.

This aside from Calvert cliffs orange trail is the best in this county in my opinion. The ferry crossing trail was challenging and beautiful. Yes there are a few turn offs at the start where a map would be handy. Our lead hiker kept an eye on the map and we were fine. Next time I do this hike I want to have a car at both ends one at the barn down scientist cliffs road and one down double oak in Prince Frederick. There has been some natural planting and landscaping at the start that makes it Disneyesque beautiful and unique to the many hikes in the area but the predominant stunning scenery is all natural.

HEADS UP, this route is a combination of three different trails in ACLT. I run these a lot and have them memorized but I would ABSOLUTELY check the map and take a copy from the little barn by the main parking. There are at least three different trail colors and names you'll need to know.

Other than that I am so happy to see ACLT on here!

Some great trails to hike in Calvert County, MD Located in Southern Maryland. Trails are groomed by volunteers and ever growing. Check the website for the 3 entrances to the trails located through out the county. http://www.acltweb.org/explore/trails.cfm