Allen Pond

Allen Pond is a 0.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Bowie, Maryland that features a lake. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for walking and nature trips. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Love it, my 'backyard' trail!

Great if you have kids, rather limited otherwise.

Love this park! It’s not a long walk, but it’s in walking substance from my house, so it works out perfectly because that adds in some distance for my dogs and I! Not sure if the dogs are allowed to swim in the little pond, but it wasn’t crowded at all when I went, so I let my Aussie take a dip! This is perfect for when I need to get the dogs out of the house and burn some energy off!

Perfect for a short walk with the dogs. They rent paddleboats as well. The lake is stocked if you are into fishing. Several playgrounds for kiddos. Only 4 stars because the picnic areas often have discarded chicken bones and other food items left on the ground from lazy picnickers and my dogs often get this contraband during warm months.

Friday, September 15, 2017

Really easy and fun walk along a paved path around a large pond. Lots to see in and around the water and take the detour onto the island and explore a little too! Great with the kids, even youngsters.

Thursday, May 18, 2017

OK the water in the pond was very dirty.

recorded Allen Pond Park