Yankee Woodlot Trail is a 1.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Skowhegan, Maine that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 1.2 miles Elevation Gain: 91 feet Route Type: Loop

There's parking in the Cooperative Extension parking lot and there's an old outhouse if a restroom is needed.

bridge out

I was hoping to give this trail a higher review, but I cannot because parts of it were so overgrown that I could not see the trail markers, which are very obvious. Also, it has not been well maintained; bridges have rotted and disappeared, baby trees have grown up enough to block the trail, and the field in which one must walk is very tall and thick laden. In short, I had to turn around and go back the other way in this loop and still couldn't complete it. If you are going to attempt this easy hike please where long pants and keep your eyes peeled when the brush starts to get thick. Much of the trail was easy to traverse, but I could not complete the loop because it was so overgrown. :(

Saturday, October 28, 2017