Wilson's Falls

Wilson's Falls is a 2.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Guilford, Maine that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.5 miles Elevation Gain: 416 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Beautiful hike, beautiful waterfall at the end. Lots of roots and super slippery after a rainfall all evening but beautiful.

Fun trail to hike with the family. Glad we read the reviews so we didn’t miss the left up the trail at the double blue lined tree. Added a photo of the tree and the trail direction.

Lots of beautiful water and falls along the stream. It was doable for my kids 5&7 some elevation. Narrow trail with lots of roots. Could be slippery if recently rained. We really enjoyed it. From the trail head parking lot it was about 3 miles round trip.

Great trail! The falls are beautiful! If you have an SUV you can save some time by driving all the way down to the end of the road. Stay left the entire time. lots of pot holes. Trail is clear but roots are slippy when wet

Absolutely gorgeous.

Nice stroll through the woods, not far up the trail at the tree with two blue marks hang a left up the steps or you may have to back track. Lots of roots on the trail. Falls are great. The road in to parking SUCKS. Water holes( which I can live with) and branches hanging onto the road.

Trail head was very difficult to find and our GPS went out before getting there, so I wish there had been signage or a road name. Part of the entrance road was all mud, so we had to park farther back. Enjoyed the lower falls though.

Wow! We enjoyed the different falls and the hike to the main falls! Lots of places to get wet. The main falls were well worth the hike! We also stopped by Big Wilson falls on the way out. It's right next to the bridge before you turn on the old camp road. Great day!!!

This was a great hike for a beginner hiker like myself whose husband was tagging along & only goes to be supportive of my adventures :-) make sure you continue past the Little falls to see the upper falls as it is quite the treat. We drove up in a little farther than the start of the trail with directions I found online & it saved us about 2 miles of hiking as we started later in the day. Pack a small lunch and there are plenty of great spots once you get up in to the upper falls that you could enjoy a nice picnic & relaxation before hiking back out. There are also several first come first serve tent sites near the parking area right along the water on your drive in. Would make a nice peaceful getaway weekend for hiking adventures!!

Nice hike to the falls.

I love this hike. I’ve done it in every season. I always stop at the top and enjoy a snack.

Mon Oct 01 2018

Beautiful views along the stream. Lots of roots which can be a little slippery when wet. Very nice hike.

Fri Aug 03 2018

After a little bit of difficulty finding the trailhead (the initial entrance on the "unnamed road") can be easy to miss, my aunt and I thoroughly enjoyed this area. We didn't hike much of the trail, but did walk in and enjoy the falls near the trail head and also explored the falls that are on the left hand side of the bridge before turning off the trail. The part that we did hike, had a lot of roots and was a little soft and slick in places, so you needed to pay close attention to footing. But I think you can hike as little or as much of the trail as you want and you'll enjoy it. On the humid day we went, a number of people were swimming and the stream and woods kept things cool.

Mon Jul 30 2018

Nice hike that is definitely moderate. At one point, you can choose to follow the Creek or take the high ground. If you have a dog w you, take the high ground. The falls are beautiful at the top but there not much scenery along the way.

Sat Jul 21 2018

Beautiful trail with great views at the top

Sat Jul 14 2018

Great walk, beautiful views, the trail links up to the Appalachian trail.

Thu Jun 28 2018

been hiking here for 8 years now and it still never gets old. Absolutely love this trail.

Sun May 13 2018

Quick trail very beautiful views. Good footwear is recommended lots of roots and the ground can be wet. The falls are amazing

Tue Oct 17 2017

Very pretty walk

Sun Jun 11 2017

Excellent short hike to the upper falls. They are beautiful in the spring! The trail was a bit muddy, but not too bad. The black slab at the upper falls is really cool. Bring your insect repellent!

Wed May 31 2017

great hike. better than expected for a shorter hike. upper falls was a great payoff.

Sat Aug 20 2016

great hike

Mon Jul 25 2016

Fun trail. fallowing the stream is always fun

Sun Jun 07 2015

Good hike. Almost 3 miles from the paved road, could have driven another 3/4 mile, to the Upper Falls. Nice campsite below the trail by the stream about halfway up.

Thu May 09 2013

A short little trail with lots of beauty. The woods and the water make it a joy.

recorded Wilson's Falls