White Cairn to Stone House Trail- Blueberry Mountain is a 3.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Stow, Maine that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Spectacular views of fall foliage on this hike on 10/7/18. White carin trail is steeper than the stone house trail and a better way to go up the mountain. Compared to other white mountain hikes, this was fairly easy. The hike took us about 2 hours.

Did White Cairn up, Stonehouse down. Stopped at Rattlesnake pool for a quick dip even though it was a 65 degree day. The clear water was too enticing so we had to jump in! Bring a bathing suit and when you’re working your butt off up the steep parts of White Cairn, just know Stonehouse will be a nice easy trail going down and will lead you to the AMAZING pool

Rattlesnake pool is stunning!!! Loved the hike!

I went up white cairn. It's steep, a true climb but 2 reasons why best way around, rather climb then descend, easier on the knees, putting weight going down could be dangerous and also the reward at the end of the hike is an icy cold waterfall in a deep clear turquoise swimming hole. what a gem.

Really enjoyable. Good idea to take Cairn Trail up since it is pretty steep. Recommend taking Stone House trail down.

We really enjoyed this hike. The effort to climb makes it seem much longer than 3.7 miles. We did the loop by climbed up using White Cairn and down Stone House Trail. I am glad we went went this route as there are some steep parts of White Cairn Trail and going down may be a challenge. I would not recommend White Cairn for small children or dogs. Stopping at Rattlesnake pool (cold water) and the gorge was a treat.

First thing I have to say is “my Fitbit tracker” clocked this trail from gate, up white cairn, down to stone house trail to the pool and back to the gate at +or- 8 miles. That is a big jump from 3.7 that it says here.
However I loved the work out I got today and it was so much fun. I only had a hard time at the top of white cairn with climbing all the rocks. But I totally did it and would do it again.

We took the White Cairn trail up and Blueberry Mountain trail down. For us new to hiking and in our fifties and with two not in great shape young adults, it was a challenging hike up but with beautiful views and tons of sweet wild blueberries at the top. It’s a little confusing at the top finding the Blueberry Mountain trail down (we had to assist some hikers at the top finding the trail, thanks to this app!). The payoff is a swim in the beautiful clear rattlesnake pool which on the way down is just off to the left, just before the small wooden bridge. We saw no one on our hike up White Cairn and many people and campers on our hike down Blueberry. You won’t be alone at Rattlesnake pool but it wasn’t overly crowded. It took us 3 hours with a 15 min stop at the summit and a 20 minute stop at the pool. Whole family enjoyed it.

Saturday, October 14, 2017

THIS WAS ONE OF THE BEST TRAILS I HAVE BEEN ON ALL SEASON. GREAT VIEWS, QUITE .WELL MARKED. WILL DO THIS AGAIN WITH MY DAUGHTERS....