Vaughan Woods Memorial Trail is a 2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near South Berwick, Maine that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

Nice hike, river view and historic markers. We took our 4 year old grandson and had fun teaching him how to identify the different types of trees and leaves, moss mushrooms. Picnic tables and small grills available and a playground. Only complaint would be about the hikers that let their dogs off leash.

Great place ❤️

Very nice. Just exactly what our family of four needs for an afternoon of exercise.

This park provides a nice combination of tall woodlands, farmland views and riverside vistas. The River Run and Bridal Loop trails will give you a full sweep of the park, but there are multiple short trails running east-and-west between them if you want to cut the hike short. There are a couple of small climbs but it’s mostly flat trekking. A nice afternoon getaway.

I must be old. My Yorkie and I were exhausted! Great place.

nice hike for family with little kids. nice view of river.

Great little hike for little tikes!

Well maintained. Well marked.

Easy and relaxing trail.

Nice walk in the woods, well maintained. However, there were a lot of different trails off of the main trail which I wasn’t sure of where they ended up. I’ll have to try them next time.

Beautiful and great for a leisurely and peaceful nature walk.

Easy trail for toddlers and beautiful views. Spent a couple hours exploring here and definitely could have spent longer.

Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Nice walk, wooded with some water views.

Sunday, September 03, 2017

Nice walk with the family ...

Friday, June 30, 2017

Nice walk with my dog.

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

So fun! And dog friendly!

Thursday, April 27, 2017

Beautiful pine woods that fall away to hemlock groves along the edge of the river. For a short trail it has a good number of small bridges and brooks to keep the hike interesting. Perfect afternoon hike.

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Great place.

Sunday, October 16, 2016

Great short trail walk !!!

Saturday, September 17, 2016

this a great picnic hike an easy hike and beautiful stroll through the woods

Monday, July 18, 2016

Easy and a nice walk. My boyfriend and I come here all the time for a very gentle hike around the loop.

Monday, May 30, 2016

we go all the time. peaceful area.

Sunday, May 08, 2016

Beautiful hike! There is not a lot of elevation gain so it's great for trail running. The river run trail goes right along the water and is really nice. I'm from Oregon and visiting Maine, this trail definitely reminded me of home!

Friday, April 29, 2016

Really awesome trails here. Take River Run trail for an easy walk bordering the water with great views. Or venture to the historic house and check out the beautiful garden. Great for all skill-levels and is dog friendly, with many spots to stop and have lunch along your walk.

Monday, April 18, 2016

Great hike today.
A hidden gem in Southern Maine

Sunday, March 27, 2016

The River Run trail was so beautiful. not a strenuous hike at all but the scenery was incredible. I went in March on a very warm day. No snow around and had 2 dogs with me. There was only one other car in the parking area so I let the pups ruin leash less although it does say they should be leashed.

Sunday, March 20, 2016

I really enjoy these trails. very easy walking, beautiful views of the river.

Monday, March 14, 2016

Nice trail, but a bummer that our dog couldn't run free. We stopped on a lark.

Monday, October 12, 2015

Very easy, but rewards are good. Views of the river and fairly hilly woods with many stream crossings.

Monday, September 28, 2015

Fun interconnected trail sections. Great for kids!