Two Lights State Park Loop

Two Lights State Park Loop is a 1.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Cape Elizabeth, Maine that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for walking, trail running, and nature trips and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

wheelchair friendly

For what this is, basically just a picnic spot near the ocean. It deserves 5 stars. There is no substantial trail in the park.

My parents are from Portland and Biddeford, and I loved our periodic visits to southern Maine when I was young. We enjoyed the Cape Elizabeth area, and I have been to Two Lights many times over the years. I have vivid memories of climbing on the rocks as a kid...and of the foghorn going off once when we were within a few feet of it!

great place to explore

Short loop around the perimeter. Excellent rock formations on the shore and spectacular views of the ocean. Plenty of picnic tables and charcoal pits with ocean views. Worth packing a picnic lunch.

Tuesday, July 19, 2016