The Beehive via Bowl Trail

moderate(174)
Acadia National Park

The Beehive via Bowl Trail is a 1.6 kilometer heavily trafficked loop trail located near Bar Harbor, Maine that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips.

Distance: 1.6 km Elevation Gain: 138 m Route Type: Loop

This trail is challenging and exhilarating with the beautiful views along the way. Not for first timers, but definitely a must see.

One of the most fun I’ve had on a hike (don’t go if you’re afraid of heights obviously). We went on an autumn day in October, just past peak foliage. We got lucky it was a dry day as I’m sure the rocks can get slick and there was no one to pass while climbing! Every 5 minutes I was awed by a different view. I enjoyed the views more than Cadillac mountain because you could see more detail, you weren’t too far above it all. Absolutely breath-taking.

Excellent. A little bit of everything. Views are stunning

Completed the Beehive with my girlfriend and a couple of college friends this weekend. For those looking to do some of the steeper hikes in Acadia, this trail is a little more beginner friendly than the Precipice, even though it also has a lot of ladder rung sections.

Super short, easy but technical hike. Loved it so much. Amazing views pretty much the whole way. Ample parking at sand beach. Tons of people on the hike, that was the only downside. No dogs allowed on behive trail Bc of obvious reasons, but we did it anyway with 2 packs and a mountain goat!

Short and sweet! Some steep ledges but iron rungs are placed intentionally. Busy so get there early!

Very cool hike. Can be very safe if you take it slow and make sure of your footing and handholds. Dangerous if you’re being careless, but that can be said for most situations. Amazing views.

One of my favorite trails, the views are phenomenal. It’s not so challenging in terms of distance or elevation, but is in technicality. Just pay attention to where you step and grab and you’ll be fine. It wasn’t quite as intimidating as I thought it would be.

Crazy, insane trail with amazing views!!! done with my 3 girls 12, 10 and 6 yr olds!

Loved all of the rungs and vertical climbing! It gave us a small challenge without being too dangerous. Would 100% climb again!

What a fun, unique hike! Lots of areas where it’s pretty challenging to climb...using iron rungs to help you along the way. Lots of fun...but definitely not for those with a fear of heights. Ideally for those who have good strength and mobility to be able to climb some difficult sections. Highly recommended hike with incredible views along the way - not to mention those at the summit!

Very fun and short trail. Easier than people make it out to be.

This was my first hike at Acadia and I really enjoyed it. Though it’s listed as hard, I thought it was fairly mild and summited in under thirty minutes. There were several groups along the way, so I stopped a few times to let them pass so we weren’t too stacked up. Will definitely do again. I’d also recommend the small detour to the bowl on your way down. The views are amazing

What an amazing hike!!!! So much fun!!! Not easy, not for the faint of heart, and not for those afraid of heights, but if you want a challenge, and to push your limits, do it!!! Took my 13 year old daughter and we did it together and planning to take my 8 year old tonight. So amazing.

It was the hardest, scariest climb by far! I’m a beginner. The wind picked up a lot 1/2 way up! Hikers were very helpful when I “froze” but it lasted less than 10 seconds!

One of my most favorite hikes ever! it was tough, but not as difficult as I had imagined. I will definitely be back!

One of the most scenic trails I’ve ever hiked. The iron rungs are sting! They’ll support at least 270lbs.

Adventurous hike - loved it!

This style of trail is my favorite! It’s a great blend of climbing and hiking. Highly recommend.

Tue Nov 13 2018

The first third of this trail is an almost vertical ladder trail leading to an amazing view. An easier alternative to the Precipice Trail.