Tannery Brook Park is a 1.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Gorham, Maine that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and snowshoeing and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.6 miles Elevation Gain: 72 feet Route Type: Loop

The Gorham Parks and Conservation Commission, with help from Gorham Savings Bank, the Maine Conservation Corps, and the Maine Youth Conservation Corps, developed existing logging trails into a series of walking trails. In 1999, Gorham Savings Bank donated 80 acres of managed forest with a stream and pond to the Town of Gorham. The Gorham Parks and Conservation Commission, with help from Gorham Savings Bank, the Maine Conservation Corps, and the Maine Youth Conservation Corps, developed existing logging trails into a series of walking trails. During the summer of 2008, the Spruce Loop (0.3), Red Pine Loop (0.5) and Bushwhack Loop (0.4) walking trails opened for public use.

We did the red, blue and yellow trail today. Altogether it was about 2 miles. Red trail seems longer than the others but isn’t muddy. Blue trail had a few muddy spots that were hard to get around. Yellow trail didn’t have much to see. We only saw 2 other people while we were there which was a bonus. We will definitely be back.

Well marked. Little muddy but not bad.

Nice trail. A little muddy in spots but that is to be expected this time of year. A few bikers were on the trail.

Nice trail, bridges over the muddy areas.

When you first start the trail there are two heavy flowing water areas that your kid could literally fall in and drown. No fence, rope, nothing to keep them safe. This is concerning for people with young kids, such as myself. It’s super buggy and the trails have the same colored arrows throughout so it’s unclear which way you should go once you start the intertwining loops. To boot, at one point there was a “trail closed/ detour sign”. When we saw a view of Gray Rd, we opted to walk back to my van from there rather then continue the trail. We won’t revisit this one.

Forgot to shit off app on the drive home

There are four loops: yellow, blue, red, and green (that all connect to the main snow mobile trail), which also connects to the 5G hike where the cell tower is located. I guess you can even go all the way to Fort Hill Rd to USM if you continue further.

An easy walk with sections clearly marked for snowmobiles. This also appears to be a popular spot for mountain biking from all the tire marks. Ice on certain sections thawed and made for some muddy patches. A good place to return with snowshoes if Mother Nature allows.

Fri Aug 17 2018

A nice walk, close to Gorham center. Some spots were a little muddy, but the trail was well marked.

Sat Mar 10 2018

Alright trail.

Sat Sep 02 2017

Great quick hike without having to drive out to western Maine

Wed Jun 14 2017

Would have been a great walk if I didn't pull 12 ticks off of myself and at least 10 off the person I was with.

Mon Jun 05 2017

Nice trail. A lot of ticks present. Bring tuck repellent

Sat Jun 03 2017

Beautiful trail, really enclosed in nature. The amount of ticks I pulled off myself and my dog was concerning.

Sun Aug 21 2016

I agree with the overgrown grass. I have a young son who ended up with a lot of grass cuts, and we didn't get very far onto the trail. there is a sign saying they are doing work to it this month. Hopefully it will be better after.

Thu Aug 11 2016

So close to our house we can walk- perfect for a 30 minute walk home or run. The trail head is actually across the street from the blue sign that reads tannery brook, right next to a little yellow house

Sat Jun 25 2016

trails are short and overgrown. there is a pond but it's pretty gross. definitely recommend doing a thorough tick check.

Fri Nov 13 2015

This is a set of three loops off a main trail. The blue and red loops are marked and easy to follow. The yellow trail has yet to be worked on. This will make for great snowshoeing this winter.

Fri Jun 15 2018