Tannery Brook Park

Tannery Brook Park is a 1.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Gorham, Maine that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and snowshoeing and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The Gorham Parks and Conservation Commission, with help from Gorham Savings Bank, the Maine Conservation Corps, and the Maine Youth Conservation Corps, developed existing logging trails into a series of walking trails. In 1999, Gorham Savings Bank donated 80 acres of managed forest with a stream and pond to the Town of Gorham. The Gorham Parks and Conservation Commission, with help from Gorham Savings Bank, the Maine Conservation Corps, and the Maine Youth Conservation Corps, developed existing logging trails into a series of walking trails. During the summer of 2008, the Spruce Loop (0.3), Red Pine Loop (0.5) and Bushwhack Loop (0.4) walking trails opened for public use.

Would have been a great walk if I didn't pull 12 ticks off of myself and at least 10 off the person I was with.

Nice trail. A lot of ticks present. Bring tuck repellent

Beautiful trail, really enclosed in nature. The amount of ticks I pulled off myself and my dog was concerning.

I agree with the overgrown grass. I have a young son who ended up with a lot of grass cuts, and we didn't get very far onto the trail. there is a sign saying they are doing work to it this month. Hopefully it will be better after.

So close to our house we can walk- perfect for a 30 minute walk home or run. The trail head is actually across the street from the blue sign that reads tannery brook, right next to a little yellow house

Saturday, June 25, 2016

trails are short and
overgrown. there is a pond but it's pretty gross. definitely recommend doing a thorough tick check.

Friday, November 13, 2015

This is a set of three loops off a main trail. The blue and red loops are marked and easy to follow. The yellow trail has yet to be worked on. This will make for great snowshoeing this winter.