Table Rock Trail is a 1.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Newry, Maine that features a cave and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking and rock climbing and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

cave

Quick and fun hike with lots of parking at the trailhead. I went up the AT portion to the top, but I hear the full loop is fun if you're game for scrambling. Did the hike with a 4 year old who walked the whole way (with several breaks).

I am in no means fit. I took some breaks, picture breaks and took my time. My boyfriend and I went of Orange and came down blue. It wasn’t necessarily hard except for the steepness. Don’t wear non-ankle supporting shoes. Get actual hiking boots or supportive sneakers.

I would do it again! ⛰

Rolled my ankle but still had a blast!

Went up the orange trail. Was defently a good hike. pretty steep and aloat of bolders. Great views from the top. recomend orange up and blue down

We hiked up the orange trail. It was a lot of stairs and bouldering. Great views on top. The hike down blue trail was a walk in the woods

The parking area for hiking this trail and the ones near by was beautiful, to start! Once you cross the street there’s a path with with wooden boards, the last of which is over a cute little stream that leads to two paths, orange and blue. We did the orange even though I’m wildly out of shape atm. With that said, it was worth every wheezy, sweaty, strenuous step I took!  The path was steep but very gorgeous! Those who get vertigo easily should probably avoid this one due to how steep some parts are! We lost track of the trail a couple of times but it was only a couple of minutes before we found it again and kept truckin along. There’s this cool little “cave area” that I truly convinced myself was the top in hopes I wouldn’t have to go any further at that time, but it does take a pretty sharp right to continue the path. From there thankfully it truly wasn’t much further, and again, completely worth it! After a good rest, I made my way down with wobbly legs that still carried me through with enough energy to go to screw auger falls right down the way. Overall a very challenging and demanding trail, but worth the effort for the priceless view.

This trail is definitely strenuous and VERY steep. If you start out on the AT/white blaze, and then turn right at the orange blaze where the sign says ‘extraordinary views’, you’re in for a beautiful overlook and a nearly indiscernible trail on the hike back to the lot. It is very challenging-take your time and enjoy it. Not for beginners in either direction. All this aside, I loved it! We combined it with Baldpate East, for a total of 7.4 very challenging miles. View at Baldpate is spectacular. Plenty of water along the trail if you have a filter. Need bug spray. Privy at the lean-to at Baldpate.

Beautiful views

Went up mid day this weekend with my boyfriend and it was absolutely beautiful! We will DEF be coming back because we had no idea how good the climbing opportunities were and didn’t bring our gear this time around

Great hike...Orange trail was challenging but fun...great views

Wicked good challenge, quick but steep. Hope to conquer a few more like it. got on the app before I did it. was a solid 56:10 going up, with ice and snow so not bad at all.

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Loved this trail.

-Quick but difficult
-Prepare to climb over boulders
-Quiet trail, did not pass any hikers through entire loop
-Brought my 8 year old dog, he managed well
-Caution, dangerous drop off
-Great views

Saturday, October 14, 2017

Simply spectacular! Do not miss this hike. One of my top three in Maine. Steep, hard up (orange blazes). Gradual, easy down (blue and then white blazes). Together = moderate hike difficulty overall. Lots of dogs and kids on trail. Took us 2 hours almost to the minute, with a leisurely lunch at the top.

Wednesday, October 04, 2017

Such a beautiful hike. My friend and I hiked with our 9 year old boys. Where the trail splits, the loop on the right is much harder, be prepared to be on your hands and knees crawling up and over many large boulders. The loop on the left is a nice walking path.

Saturday, September 30, 2017

Great hike !

Friday, August 18, 2017

Orange markings lead to a strenuous slow moving trail. Incredible views at the top.

Monday, August 14, 2017

My wife and i took the Orange trail on the way up. We had a great time. This was our first hard trail and it was fun. On the way down we took the blue/white trail and enjoyed a more leisure hike back to the parking lot. Definitely recommend this trail.

Thursday, August 03, 2017

Great views, fun area to explore. Some caves along the face of the cliffs to explore through. Continue up the AT to West Peak and a lean-to for camping.

Monday, July 31, 2017

weather and view was awesome. loved the trail.

Monday, July 17, 2017

Take the trail to the right for a challenging climb up. Near the top are caves to explore, crawl around and get dirty it's a fun place. beautiful views at the top.

Sunday, July 09, 2017

Amazing view. We went clockwise around the loop. From the summit down was the most challenging portion of the trail going in this direction. There was light traffic and we went mid-day on a July Saturday.

Sunday, July 09, 2017

Great

Tuesday, July 04, 2017

The view was worth it all!

Thursday, June 08, 2017

Great hike, lots and lots of bugs, protein rich environment. Views are great, trip down on loop pretty wet but pretty easy

Wednesday, June 07, 2017

Great hike - you need to be in shape - lots of rocks to climb over - family of 4 completed it on a beautiful day!

Monday, June 05, 2017

Was told it was an easy hike, was not at all but was definitely worth the work!! Killer views at the top, wicked buggy -- bring bug spray

Saturday, November 26, 2016

This trail offers a spectacular view of the grafton notch mountains. The fall colors were just amazing. My boyfriend and I hiked this trail in fall. There are two paths to the summit which divides initially at the beginning. We took the one to the left which is a gradual ascend. The other path on the right is a quicker path to reach the summit which offers a straight ascend with lot of rock climbing and is a bit tougher.

Monday, October 17, 2016

At the fork, taking a right is the difficult trail, recommend this trail if an experienced hiker! Taking a left at the fork is the more moderate hike! Less rocky. Great view at the top! I recommend the left, more easy trail for dogs! And don't recommend this in the spring if you are not experienced. Lots of ice!

Sunday, October 16, 2016

Great hike! The orange trail was very steep, but it was also a good workout! Took the blue/white trail down to get different views and it was awesome! Autumn colors are amazing here!

Saturday, October 15, 2016

Excellent hike up the orange trail with an exceptional view from atop. Well worth the hike.