Table Rock Trail

Table Rock Trail is a 1.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Newry, Maine that features a cave and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking and rock climbing and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

cave

Loved this trail.

-Quick but difficult
-Prepare to climb over boulders
-Quiet trail, did not pass any hikers through entire loop
-Brought my 8 year old dog, he managed well
-Caution, dangerous drop off
-Great views

Simply spectacular! Do not miss this hike. One of my top three in Maine. Steep, hard up (orange blazes). Gradual, easy down (blue and then white blazes). Together = moderate hike difficulty overall. Lots of dogs and kids on trail. Took us 2 hours almost to the minute, with a leisurely lunch at the top.

Such a beautiful hike. My friend and I hiked with our 9 year old boys. Where the trail splits, the loop on the right is much harder, be prepared to be on your hands and knees crawling up and over many large boulders. The loop on the left is a nice walking path.

Great hike !

Orange markings lead to a strenuous slow moving trail. Incredible views at the top.

My wife and i took the Orange trail on the way up. We had a great time. This was our first hard trail and it was fun. On the way down we took the blue/white trail and enjoyed a more leisure hike back to the parking lot. Definitely recommend this trail.

Great views, fun area to explore. Some caves along the face of the cliffs to explore through. Continue up the AT to West Peak and a lean-to for camping.

weather and view was awesome. loved the trail.

Take the trail to the right for a challenging climb up. Near the top are caves to explore, crawl around and get dirty it's a fun place. beautiful views at the top.

Amazing view. We went clockwise around the loop. From the summit down was the most challenging portion of the trail going in this direction. There was light traffic and we went mid-day on a July Saturday.

Great

The view was worth it all!

Great hike, lots and lots of bugs, protein rich environment. Views are great, trip down on loop pretty wet but pretty easy

Great hike - you need to be in shape - lots of rocks to climb over - family of 4 completed it on a beautiful day!

Was told it was an easy hike, was not at all but was definitely worth the work!! Killer views at the top, wicked buggy -- bring bug spray

Saturday, November 26, 2016

This trail offers a spectacular view of the grafton notch mountains. The fall colors were just amazing. My boyfriend and I hiked this trail in fall. There are two paths to the summit which divides initially at the beginning. We took the one to the left which is a gradual ascend. The other path on the right is a quicker path to reach the summit which offers a straight ascend with lot of rock climbing and is a bit tougher.

Monday, October 17, 2016

At the fork, taking a right is the difficult trail, recommend this trail if an experienced hiker! Taking a left at the fork is the more moderate hike! Less rocky. Great view at the top! I recommend the left, more easy trail for dogs! And don't recommend this in the spring if you are not experienced. Lots of ice!

Sunday, October 16, 2016

Great hike! The orange trail was very steep, but it was also a good workout! Took the blue/white trail down to get different views and it was awesome! Autumn colors are amazing here!

Saturday, October 15, 2016

Excellent hike up the orange trail with an exceptional view from atop. Well worth the hike.

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Love this short hike as it packs a lot of exercise and views in a very short timeframe. We will pop over to do it after work as sunset is beautiful. As others have stated, southern route is difficult because it is short and steep, with some bouldering. Recently included friends who hike (but less than we do) and was teasingly told that next time, they would confirm whether we were climbing or hiking. But, we always bring our dogs (including an 18 yo and a puppy), who are also experienced hikers, and they have no trouble. One winter day 2014/2015 I hiked it by myself and the last pitch which sheds a lot of water on granite had thawed and refrozen so it was too icy for my micro-spikes (needed full-on crampon) so had to turn back. But usually micro-spikes are adequate. If you travel only on northern route, fine for our older relatives and small children as easy pleasant hike with good boardwalks and trail maintenance where it's wet. Nice wildflower so in spring too!