Streaked Mountain Trail is a 0.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near South Paris, Maine that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 0.7 miles Elevation Gain: 505 feet Route Type: Out & Back

This is a very short, but steep, trail located in Buckfield/Paris/Hebron, Maine, about an hour and ten minutes from Portland. This is a challenging, but fun, hike with great views. The trail has an open granite slop with views of the Little Androscoggin River Valley, the Oxford Hills, the White Mountains, and the Presidential Range. Be careful of footing coming down the granite face, especially in wet or damp weather when the trail becomes very slick and in autumn when the leaves obscure the bottom quarter of the trail. The first quarter mile or so of the hike is wooded with loose rocks and prominent roots. The remainder of the hike is on the steep granite face of the mountain, covered in wild blueberries (that make for a great summit snack!). The trail rises about 700 feet in total. Unfortunately, the top of the mountain is a mess of power lines and cell towers, but the rest of the view compensates for this.

We take this hike multiple times a year. Kid Friendly and we bring our digs up the backside. Great views from the top. Wear appropriate footwear.

Short and relatively easy trail with a nice payoff(minus all the towers and power lines on top). Suitable for small children on a dry day. Most of the trail is open granite so it gets very slick. Zero snow, ice or mud on the trail until the forecasted 6” of snow tonight.

A fun climb to the top. It’s pretty steep, not something you would want to do in bad weather as it’s mostly rock face. Wide open at the top. Well marked. Be aware of your surroundings, I ran into a moose at the top.

icy

icy

Hiked up yesterday got to the top in just hiking boots but I would suggest wearing spikes. Very Icey and difficult getting back down without falling.

The main trail head is a little difficult to see at first. It was a little slippery as it just rained with fallen leaves and pine needles everywhere. Great hike. Quick and you gain elevation fast enough that you soon see gorgeous views. I’ve hiked this before and will be back again.

This an aggressive but nice trail - trail is very narrow and Roxy and the incline is very steep with rocks and roots. Very slippery today with leaves and pine needles. Three dogs were a little much for trials. Hebron Academy does a good job keeping it clean and nice. This is definitely not for beginners like myself. My husband enjoyed it. Will home again.

I was just out for a exploration drive on a lovely October Sunday, so not at all ready for this. There were many cars and the sun was bright and warm, so we decided to do only what seemed safe. Not good shoes, no stick and just too steep for this elder! (I wouldn't recommend it for anyone with balance issues.) My dog enjoyed it. There was a crowd and I saw several slip and falls that made me decide to Not reach the summit....It was beautiful but lots of slippery leaves and much steeper than I'd anticipated. Perhaps if I start fresh and wear the right shoe etc., I'll try again.

took this hike with my 9yr and 14yr olds today. it was a very popular spot today with many people and children taking this hike. i believe that this trail is deffinitly a moderate to hard trail because of the steepness once you get to the rock face part of the trail. worth it though once you make it to the first part of the views with even better views the higher you climb. (although there are telephone poles and wires everywhere) once you get to the rock face pay close attention for cairns and arrows to stay on the trail. (we went off course a few times)

I'm from Iowa, so any hiking I might do is relatively flat as compared to Streaked Mtn. The trail starts out flat and immediately gets steep after about 200 ft. the trail is marked with some ribbon here and there there once you make it up to the steep rocky faces otherwise it's obvious because it gets used a lot. Wild blueberries were everywhere. The summit has several cellular towers and on old fire watch tower that is heavily secured. Great views 365 degrees.

love the mtn been many different ways and she always has beautiful views

pretty steep hike in spots. Did the hike with my 8 year old and my 3.5 year old. Was a short hike but steep enough to give you a workout. Especially with a toddler on your back.

Decent hike up.... lots of river rock to climb up through the woods before turning to pretty sheer rock. Summit is full of wires, towers, etc. enjoy your views on the way up. Be careful on the way down... rocks are slippery.

Short but very steep! Well marked and maintained trail with accurate location data.

Short hike with a nice view. Close to town and well worth it.

Fri May 17 2019

this is a short hike but right off it becomes steep and doesn't stop til you get to the top. if rainy it is slippery. great hike if you want a short hike. I recommend when you get to the top to hike a few feet down the back side and find the trail to the right which takes you away from the powerlines and has an amazing view.

Wed Jan 16 2019

Cool view. With all of the electrical towers on top can be dangerous. Exposed wires. Lots of radiation. Had a major headache and stomach ache from being at the top too long. Would not recommend taking likes or dogs up there.

Thu Oct 04 2018

great short hike. my husband and I were up and back in an hour. great views. we kind of got confused because as I checked gps as we climbed we were not showing up on the trail, but it could be that my gps is off. however following the trail back down we gradually converged with the trail shown on the map. i think there might be an error in where the trail is drawn on the map.

Sun Sep 16 2018

Do yourself a favor and stop before you get to the top. The way up is beautiful, with expansive views, though the top is a mess of radio towers and cables.