Schoodic Head Trail

Schoodic Head Trail is a 1.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Winter Harbor, Maine that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

Directions from Bar Harbor, ME: Fifty miles east of Bar Harbor, travel US 1 east to SR 186 south to Winter Harbor. Follow signs for Schoodic Point. Trailhead is located just prior to Blueberry Hill parking lot.

Went on a really foggy day so I couldn't see anything from the top. Still a really fun fairly easy hike. It was pretty cool to be in the fog at the top and a little like being in a video game.

Friday, August 19, 2016

I did a loop and went up Anvil, over and down Schoodic Head Trail, and back to the start via the Alder Trail (a totally flat path - I jogged it). I did the 2.65 loop with my dog in about 75 minutes. The trail is very lush and green with tons of moss and pines. At times I felt like I was in a fantasy movie set. There are some nice views but the trail itself is more of the main draw for me. It was quite slippery in parts and the full loop was challenging enough to be a great but fairly quick workout. Highly recommended

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Nice moderate hike with a lot of beautiful shady areas as well as views of Schoodic Point. We went up by way of he anvil trail and down the east trail.

Monday, June 24, 2013

My wife and I did this trail as part of a loop up and over. This was not a bad trail if anything it was rather interesting on the way it wound to the top. It says it is .07 to top but seemed longer. Steps of stone and logs with many roots thrown in for good measure. Views were nice but somewhat limited...darn trees do grow!

Monday, August 15, 2016