Salmon Pond Trail

Salmon Pond Trail is a 3.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Tunk Lake, Maine that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until October.

Fun, moderate loop trail. Excellent views of Franklin and surrounding mountains and lakes. Trail down is very poorly marked, relied on GPX downloads on my phone to navigate down. Lost trail several times. With a few cairns and blazes this could be a top trial in the region. A fraction of the trail traffic you see in the Acadia region.

Not a fan of this one, did it a few years back but gave it a second chance due to the map looking like it was now a loop. On the way the first hint was the posted trail map not showing it as a loop. Just in I can guess that the old woods road is where you would come out BUT not a single marking so I followed the trail to the top with my dog. Just as I remember it, you follow blue markers up and then the last .2 of a mile you guess and look for orange ribbon. Great view from the top, looked all around and found ZERO markers to indicate a way down other then where I came from. O did I mention the two hornet nests that are on the trail just past the second lake after you get past the rock stairs. Bad, a few go me but many got my dog before we could get out of their.