Saco Heath Preserve Trail

Saco Heath Preserve Trail is a 2.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Saco, Maine that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October.

great place to bring the kids. Unusual plant life and long bridges that the kids will love. Short, flat hike that we return to several times a year

I found the “heath” a lovely alternative to a trail that is completely in the woods.

Very easy walk but so pretty.

We have done this one quite a bit, as I live nearby, really a very neat walk, if your looking for something different, and easy.

Awesome heath preserve. This place is wonderful if you like geeking out on plants.

Beautiful and relaxing walk

beautiful walk thru the bog. lots of mosquitos before the bog so bring or wear bug spray!! took about 45 min or so to walk it.

No dogs allowed... bummer
Nice short walk out over a marsh/bog area on raised dock like walkway. Wish dogs were allowed!

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

fun couple mile trail, the board walk is nice and there is some nice seating mid way out to sit and enjoy nature.

Saturday, November 05, 2016

Gorgeous! The whole thing is wicked interesting. Never even knew this little gem existed.

Thursday, September 22, 2016

Super Nice, very easy unique trail. The boardwalk makes a unique path, and the Heath is it's own little world.

Thursday, September 01, 2016

Awesome little walk, definitely recommend to anyone. I'd also recommend it in the early morning!

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Absolutely loved this trail,very unique and well posted

Saturday, June 25, 2016

Gorgeous day. Easy parking. Informative marquee revealing how the land was formed. Trail is flat and easy. Pretty flowers (see photo). Almost surreal, like being in another world,, walking across what used to be ponds now filled in with reed moss and then sphagnum moss on top. We assumed they must have hauled a generator in there to complete that long walkway. Lots of work! We enjoyed it, and it wasn't very buggy. Some sunny stretches but also some shady areas. Nice easy 2.2 miles.

Thursday, June 23, 2016

The end of the trail was a tad confusing. It was a beautiful day!

Saturday, June 11, 2016

Good for kids. Great views.

Sunday, April 24, 2016

my favorite place to walk with my 2 year old!

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Mostly flat and somewhat narrow (stroller-friendly, btw). Not much to do or to walk, but a fantastic, unusual place for a leisurely stroll or a photoshoot. I haven't had the opportunity to walk across a peat bog before, the terrain is like nothing I'm used to - bet it's amazing during the golden light hours. Wish there was more walking/hiking at the loop section. Big kudos for maintaining this.

Sunday, April 10, 2016

We went in summer, and got hot going across the heath in the open. otherwise, nice hike, and we got to see unusual plant life.

Sunday, March 13, 2016

love the boardwalks and all the unique trees and plants. Wouldn't really call it a hike, there isn't anything strenuous about it just walking on flat surface the hole time. I think it would be a really fun place for people with smaller children. easy enough for them to lead the way. great view and a great day. I'd recommend it.