Sabattus Mountain Trail

Sabattus Mountain Trail is a 1.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Lovell, Maine that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

From US 302, take Route 5 North to Center Lovell. Take a right onto Sabattus Mountain Road. Head down this road a bit, then take a right onto a dirt Sabattus Trail road. The parking lot and trailhead will be down the road a bit on the right, marked with a big brown hiker sign.

We went up Sabbatus mountain on Veteran’s Day. Leaves down and a bit slippery on a few icy spots and with leaves. There is a sheer cliff on top so use care with kids. Dogs should be on a leash at top. Westerly views but trees on summit are growing in.

best view out of all the easy to moderate hikes in the area! it is a nice incline the entire trail but completely doable for beginners if you take your time! the trail can get a little confusing - just make sure to follow yellow marks on trees! happy trails!

Great hike for kids and people who like a short hike with great reward. The views are really nice and the benches at the top are great. I took the trail to the right after losing the trail when I attempted to hike starting out going left, I had to back track and take the trail to the right.

Great hike for the family!

Easy, quick hike through the forest with great views from the ledges up top.
Great for when you're short on time. Very kid and dog friendly.

Nice short hike. Great view.

Quick but beautiful hike, hiked while rainy, but the view was totally worth it

Great short hike, perfect for trail running. Summit offers gorgeous views.

Monday, April 24, 2017

Great short little trail with a hell of a view for the effort. Good for hikers of all ages and skill level.

Sunday, April 16, 2017

Hard to beat these views for such an easy hike in a mere hour and a half. Bradbury Mountain in Pownal, Maine, and Monument Hill in Leeds, Maine, are comparably easy and rewarding with views.

Saturday, October 22, 2016

nice little trail with great views. Good one for kids.

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Great view for minimal effort! Perfect for small kids.

Monday, August 29, 2016

One of the easier ones ..I enjoyed this hike it was very nice

Tuesday, August 09, 2016

still the best views with the least amount of effort around...the top is s great place to sit, have lunch and enjoy the view. we do this one annually without fail!

Thursday, July 28, 2016

Nice little hike. Gets a little challenging at a few parts but just take your time you'll be fine. The view is worth it.

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Solid hike. Great views.

Sunday, June 19, 2016

This was a very nice trail, easy for kids to go along. And the view at the top is great, and there is a couple of benches at the top to sit down and relax.

Friday, June 10, 2016

Nice easy trail

Monday, May 09, 2016

Did this 4/30. Great veiws!

Saturday, April 30, 2016

Short
Some elevation initially
Great views

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Great views for a short, well marked trail. Kids of all ages participated today and did great!

Thursday, March 10, 2016

Easy hike to the summit and back, I recommend taking the trail to the right, the left one is not clear and we got off track going that way. I love the benches and the views are amazing.

Saturday, December 12, 2015

A wonderful loop on a warm winters day. No snow yet, but it would make a great snowshoe. The summit ledges are picturesque. And what a perfect chunk of Quartz on the east end of the summit ridge! I've never seen that big!

Sunday, August 02, 2015

The views are amazing. I love the benches up top.

We did have our 3 yr old daughter with us and we started to the left. Recommendation: start to the right if you have small children. It's more direct. And The left has a lot more roots and rocks they can trip on. The right is a bit cleaner. The views were worth it!

Saturday, August 01, 2015

Great hike. My wife and I hiked up with our 15 month old twins on our backs and our 4 year old hiked up on her own. Trail is not marked at all. But is so well traveled you can't miss it. One of the best views for a small hike.

Friday, July 10, 2015

Great Trail for all ages and abilities. Only about 30-45 minutes to get to the summit and a gorgeous view