Round Top Trail

Round Top Trail is a 4.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Vienna, Maine that offers scenic views. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

I went on a cloudy day and didn't get the view of Long Pond that can be found on the spur. There is a confusing mish mash of trails on this property that includes an unmarked snowmobile trail that intersects with the Round Top trail in a couple of spots. It is an easy walk otherwise,

Nice hike-minimal view, but good work-out!

A nice trail with many rocks. For young children its heavy.

Either I did something wrong or the trail really isn't marked well. Followed the Round Top Trail....ok view. Not what I expected. Didn't do the Spur Trail. Coming down we wound up on a snowmobile trail and didn't see any other markings until we got dumped out next to someone's home on Watson Pond Rd. Had to walk the road about .5 mile back to the car. By the end we did 4.5 miles. Bring bug repellant!!! I don't know as I would venture this one again. Dog had fun though.

Nice hike, about 4.4 miles if you include the Spur trail. Pretty views at the summit and great rock features along the trail.

Sunday, November 04, 2012