Razorback Trail

Razorback Trail is a 2.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Southwest Harbor, Maine that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Interesting trail. Root and stones along with boulder scrambling. Fun short hike with gorgeous views!

Great views, very doable hike through a good variety of terrain that takes you from mountain top to lake side

Monday, June 22, 2015

Great hike. A little steep in some areas but nothing too crazy if you have hiking boots. This is definitely the place to stop and have lunch, once at the summit the view is amazing! Definitely will do again.

Friday, July 12, 2013

Very fun hike with some challenging climbing. Great view. Part of my loop

Friday, June 14, 2013

I liked this trail as part of my loop. I went up and found it not bad going. The open ledges were somewhat slippery mossy in areas but take your time and they are fine. The views were good. It sort of follows along a spine like ridge of ledges. Once you get to the ledges it is the best hiking. The roots and mud on the lower part were less here than the other trails up the mountain. I believe the ideal loop for this would be. Up this trail and across to Mansell and down the Perpindicular Trail. I did as part of loop up and around back by way of the great pond trail. Bring bug spray.

Wednesday, October 03, 2012

This trail was interesting. There were a couple really nice wide open places to sit and look out at the view. It would be good for bringing up a picnic. It's not as bad as some of the other trails for people afraid of heights. The rock steps in the beginning are quiet a workout if you take them quick. A lot of the path is smooth rock. It had rained the day before we went and we had to slide down the rock on our butts because we kept slipping on the mossy areas - even with hiking boots.

Tuesday, June 28, 2016