Rattlesnake Mountain via Bri-Mar Trail

Rattlesnake Mountain via Bri-Mar Trail is a 2.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Raymond, Maine that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

An easy hike, close to Portland, Maine - only about a half mile from the parking lot to the best view. The view looks over Panther lake and towards Raymond. Could be slippery in the winter as the viewing ledge has a slope to it. There is no view from the summit which is an additional 1/2 mile from the first viewpoint. This is a good hike for small children as it is short and there is a good view within a 1/2 mile from the parking lot. As you can see from the map, there is one spot where it is a little steep.

I've been hiking here for years with my dog and just saw the huge NO DOGS signs. Very disappointed. Seriously, what harm can a dog do?

Just FYI, dogs ARE NOT allowed on this trail (there are several signs posted). Also, VERY small parking area. I drove all the way out to hike the trail with my dog only to find there were no parking spots and couldn't take the dog anyway. Was a huge bummer.

It should be called a hill and not a mountain... the view is not a view if you have hiked any other mountain before. Would not recommend.

The trail offers a beautiful view but the hike up is a little steep. Also the trail is not well marked and we had a hard time finding the 2nd overlook. If you are looking for a quick workout, try this trail.

well marked, nice moderate mini hike! would definitely do again when not enough time for a day hike

I like this trail because it's so close to home for me. It's not too hard, not too easy, great for a quick workout, and the view at the top is decent. They recently added a "no dogs" sign, though, which bums me out, as I used to bring my dog with me here all the time.

Just got here and found a large SORRY NO DOGS sign. I am pretty bummed. This was our spot to hike.

Trails not well marked. Nice 1-2hr hike though.