Randall Mountain Trail

Randall Mountain Trail is a 1.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Parsonsfield, Maine that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

private property

Cool little hike!
The path shown on the map is nowhere close to the actual trail though. Starting at the parking area, I followed what appears to be an ATV trail to the summit from which you can enjoy expansive, but not very dramatic views.
On the descent, I tried to follow the gps line on the map shown here, but that was kind of a mistake. That path follows a steep course with loose footing and rock slides. After some slow scrambling, I bushwhacked it back to the summit, where I noticed a series of pink tape perhaps marking the trail down.
Followed those, but they veered off away from the parking area, so I bushwhacked it again back to my car.
Phew! Some good exercise and nice views.

Great little hike with amazing views. We encountered a lot of bees and ticks, so wear appropriate clothing. At the base of the trail there are 4 large boulders, you can park there. The trail is a little overgrown but very easy to follow.

Great little hike with the kids! Awesome views. Be aware that if coming in from Randall lake road, the end of the road to connect with maple crest road is impassable except to four wheel drive vehicles with good clearance. It’s not maintained. A very nice man let us park at the end of his driveway and we walked the extra distance up the roads.

Top notch, a good little hike with a big payoff

My family really enjoyed this hike. You’ll hike to beautiful breathtaking views and it’s a nice hike up. Trail is a little grown over but you won’t get lost it’s very easy to follow. Trail starts at 4 large rocks. 4 stars only because it’s not my favorite Mountain I’ve climbed but definitely top 5 :)

what a view...you have to climb a bit..but the hike was good...thanks to another's review we got in right away...4 rocks sit in front of trail... again it's so worth the view!

Start of trail is an old log landing and is a bit overgrown but you can see the trail. 4 large boulders block the area. There is parking. I gave it 3 stares because it is a very quite trail ,with an open ledge on top with a good view of Randall lake.. Trail head is on Maplecrest rd.