Rachel Carson Trail is a 1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Kennebunk, Maine that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

beach

Beautiful - did three loops if it. Well maintained.

Very nice, clean trail. Pretty level train, nice overlooks into the marshes. No charge to park but on a busy day, I imagine there would be a wait to park!

Easy, well maintained trail. They have some nice educational posts about the surrounding marshes and estuaries. I went on a weekday and it was still moderately busy, I imagine on weekends it gets crowded.

Nice walk. When they said kid friendly I thought kids bikes are allowed lol but not. Overall a nice quiet walk.

Leisurely walk, great for families, saw parents with strollers. The boardwalk and path is level and there are numerous benches and lookout points over the marshes. Saw some birds, deer, bugs, all kinds of wildlife! A great 30-45 min outing if you are in Wells or Ogunquit. Brought our dog and she saw tons of chipmunks!

It’s an easy, well maintained trail that overlooks a beautiful river. We saw a large flock of geese on our last walk. Easy enough for our 4 year old- and keeps their attention with all the viewing platforms

Very easy trail with light woods and great views of the estuary. Small parking lot - even on a Monday afternoon it was very full.

It doesn't matter what time of year, this is always a great trail. Pick up a map at the entrance for self-guided stations and stopping points along the way. Beautiful views of the distance surf and a spectacular estuary filled with birds.

Nice little hike on a lovely April day. I'm sure much prettier later in the spring or fall.

Thursday, January 11, 2018

Pleasant walk except for having too many biting insects.

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Great easy mile. Dog friendly and very clean!

Sunday, September 24, 2017

Very easy trail with some nice views. I went a little before sunset and it was very buggy so I would definitely use bug spray

Saturday, September 02, 2017

Beautiful walk, well maintained trail. I'd like to see it in autumn.

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Nice if you like the Ocean,.

Tuesday, August 01, 2017

Great trail

Sunday, July 23, 2017

We come here every time we are in the area. Very quick and easy trail for all ages. (Pretty sure the whole thing is handicapped accessible) Also, good views and we see wildlife every time!

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

very easy relaxing walk, excellent scenery!

Tuesday, July 04, 2017

Nice wooded path. Nice quick miler just to get out.

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

My dog and I walked this trail yesterday for our first time & we will definitely be back! Absolutely beautiful with amazing views and well maintained I was highly impressed. To see more photos of our trip to this beautiful location go and like the Facebook page Kassie (that's my dogs name) also you will find other dog friendly walks and hikes we have done and places you can take your four legged pal

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Nice trail, very very simple, a little boring but overall good

Sunday, September 18, 2016

Pretty trail to the ocean

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Very easy nice walk quite a few outlooks over the marsh. Great for strollers and probably wheel chairs.

Wednesday, July 06, 2016

Have walked this trail several times. This time we saw a white egret. Very beautiful.

Saturday, July 02, 2016

Just a beautiful walking trail. Quiet and peaceful.

Saturday, June 11, 2016

Level trail, great for running!

Thursday, January 28, 2016

Easy trail. Have walked it many times, including with small children. Great area for watching marsh birds.

Tuesday, September 08, 2015

A very pleasant and cozy walk through the sanctuary. Well worth the visit.

Very nice walking trail.

Wednesday, July 08, 2015

Very nice trail. No charge to park. Restrooms on site.

Wednesday, July 08, 2015

Very nice and well kept.