Pemetic North and South Ridge Trails

Pemetic North and South Ridge Trails is a 4.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Mt Desert, Maine that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Bar Harbor, ME: Travel the Park Loop Road to approximately .5 mile north of Jordan Pond Gatehouse. The trail begins on the west side of the road in the Jordan House parking lot.

The views were spectacular! My husband and I had already done quite a bit of hiking this day (including the Beehive Trail) so this was very physically demanding. He asked, "Do our fitbit steps still count if we dragged ourselves off the mountain?" Lol. We did the South Ridge Trail and after reaching the summit we turned around and came back out the way we went in.

Overall a pretty decent hike. I started from the bubbles parking lot up the northwest trail based on recommendations and came down the south ridge and followed Jordan pond back to the parking area to make a loop. It is a challenging climb up especially if it has recently rained...caution it will be slippery. Make sure to keep an eye out for the markers as the trail direction changes without some notice on the way up. On the way down south ridge some of the markers were pretty faded but easier to make out the trail. Great views from the top, but it was pretty windy the day I hiked so I didn’t stay too long at the top. I would definitely hike again.

To start off, come up the South side which we did, it is quite easier then coming up the North. The trail is definitely strenuous, just when you think you're reaching the peak, it keeps going until you finally get to a mark at the top. Markings along the trail are very easy to follow, and the views of Jordan Pond, and the surrounding area are fantastic. Going down the North side, take your time, because it's very steep and rocky in some areas. We took the split to head back to Jordan Pond crossing Jordan Pond Rd. Overall it took us about 4 hours round trip starting from the Jordan Pond parking area.

We also went up the Northwest Trail and across and down Pemetic South Ridge Trail. The Northwest trail is steep, but has ladders to assist at strategic points. Views at the top are spectacular!

Absolutely loved this trail. Took the NW trail up (it is verrry steep, get ready to scramble). Took the south trail down, then incorporated a Jordan pond loop. Views at the top of Pemetic are even better than Cadillac Mtn, in my opinion!

Good hard clean well marked trail

great trail, beautiful views once near the peak.

Love it

Ridiculously beautiful hike! This is one of my favorite mountains of all time.

This was an amazing hike. It is so well worth every step

hidden gem!

I did the PEMETIC NORTHWEST TRAIL:Pemetic Mountain. It is not listed as an option on here.
Starting at the Bubbles (Bubble Rock) parking, you cross the Park Loop Road and find the Pemetic Northwest Trail marker. This trail ascends the west face of the mountain, crossing over boulder fields and numerous steep rock formations along the way.

The most interesting part of this trail is a short section where the trail splits in two with a "ravine" route or a "ledge" route. The ravine route heads into a small gorge-like break in the mountain with two wooden ladders to assist in the climb.

Just over a half mile out one way, but the steep ascent makes up for the short distance.

Great hike, even for a rainy, cloudy day. started at bubble parking lot and headed east to the pemetic summit but we were unable to find the trail to the summit. Due to poorly marked trails at the top. We decided to head north to bubble lake due to the wind and the rain then looped around past eagle lake and back to the bubble mountains.

The scrambles up are the best part of Acadia, not for the inexperienced or out of shape kind.

Sunday, October 09, 2016

Just did the Pemetic NW trail the other day from the Bubble Rock parking area. This was the most fun I had in the entire park without doing Beehive or Precipice. Anyone that is looking for a challenge without worrying about hanging onto iron rungs, this is the trail for you. It starts out with some rock steps and then gets in your face with some boulder climbs. Pay very close attention to try markers as it is easy to get off trail early. The trail will divide into a Ledge and Ravine route with each offering unique challenges. I went up ledge but wish I did ravine as it way cooler hiking between the rock faces and you have 2 ladders to help you. The two portions will merge back together towards the summit. By far my
some of the best views of Acadia without the massive crowds. Once at top I do not recommend going back down this way as it is way more challenging. The only bad part about this trail is the parking situation, so if you are up to it, make sure you go early.

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Very fun trail but we did the south trail up and the NW side down which I think was one of the bubble trails. The south trail up was fun and had great views in the way up so great places to rest and enjoy the view. The NW trail down was a blast. Lots of rock to climb down. We really had to pay attention to the blue trail markers because it's easy to lose the trail with all the rocks. At one point we found a little ravine to climb down into and there were ladders to help you through it. We ended the hike with a section of the Jordan pond trail back to the pond house and that was a nice end to the descent we just did.

Sunday, August 21, 2016

Great hike if you're looking to hike for a couple hours. It's not very difficult and the views at the top are really spectacular!

Thursday, June 23, 2016

Finish with popovers at Jordan Pond house

Friday, October 02, 2015

Great Views from the top!

Saturday, September 05, 2015

Too rocky!

Monday, August 31, 2015

Great views from the top. Did cliffs trail up and the ridge trail down.