Peaked Mountain Trail is a 2.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Clifton, Maine that features a river. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

rock climbing

Once in the parking lot there are no signs. a lot of the reviews say that it's just an access road to a tower, and all though this is still an awesome view,its also only one peak. In the parking lot walking over to that access road, if you get yourself so that that dort access road going up the mountain is on your left, there is a trail straight ahead of you (maybe slightly to the right). This is a fun, steep trail, short hike with a phenomenal view!

Great views once you get to the top of what seems like an old gravel road. I’m guessing you could actually drive up since we seen a truck do it while we were there

I’m giving this 4 stars because the hike up, while it is a good workout & single trail is well maintained, has no real scenic value, and the cell tower at the top is an eyesore.
At the top though, the views are a magnificent panorama, making it a very worthwhile hike! The whole thing, including a hefty pic session, took about 3 hrs

One of my favorite places to hike early in the morning. The peak offers a beautiful place to sit and think, read, exercise, or meditate. A hike I will do over and over again.

It’s a beautiful view from the top not great view hiking up trail though not much to see just a long hilly road but the top of the mountain is beautiful views well worth the hike will definitely hike this again

It took us about an hour to hike up and 45 minutes to come back down. We had a 4 year old with us and he was nice and tired.

Great trail! The view at the top was awesome! Great extensive vista. There are caves to be explored a little down the trail too but take a bit of finding.

Monday, July 24, 2017

trails or actually road wasnt marked.

Monday, July 10, 2017

Was super disappointed, trail was an access road to a cell phone tower. No river in sight

Friday, August 05, 2016

I went here and there wasn't much signage and I couldn't figure out in the beginning if I was actually at the tail head or at the bottom of some rough road to the top of a mountain. I hiked up for a while, and it was a road and not a trail, I was confused from all the other posts on here. I had just moved to the area and there was no one else on the trail. I ended up going off the road part about a mile in and followed what ended up being more of a logging trail, was so confused, turned around to leave. On the way down saw someone and asked them about where the trail is and where the actual top was. He said that the trail had been turned into this road recently and it was new to him, so now you hike up a rocky fire access road to the top of the mountain...

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Easy trail with great views

Monday, July 04, 2016

Easy trail that offers outstanding views!

Thursday, May 12, 2016

Easy hike with two dogs on a nice day. Bring bug spray, we would have been miserable without it!!

Friday, July 03, 2015

Quick hike up and back, beautiful views from the top! Pretty steady incline, but we were at the top in no time.

Monday, June 23, 2014

Nice little trail. Fairly steep, but far from sheer. Offers beautiful views of Chick Hill to the east and Chemo Pond to the north.

Sunday, June 08, 2014

Long hike up. very rocky but well worth the view. was able to complete it in flip flops but wouldn't recommend it. got great pictures.

Sunday, June 08, 2014

Long hike up but WELL worth the view! It was a great trip and got wonderful pictures. Very rocky but I completed it in flip flops so not impossible.

Tuesday, October 17, 2017