Peaked Mountain Trail

Peaked Mountain Trail is a 2.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Clifton, Maine that features a river. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

ice climbing

I went here and there wasn't much signage and I couldn't figure out in the beginning if I was actually at the tail head or at the bottom of some rough road to the top of a mountain. I hiked up for a while, and it was a road and not a trail, I was confused from all the other posts on here. I had just moved to the area and there was no one else on the trail. I ended up going off the road part about a mile in and followed what ended up being more of a logging trail, was so confused, turned around to leave. On the way down saw someone and asked them about where the trail is and where the actual top was. He said that the trail had been turned into this road recently and it was new to him, so now you hike up a rocky fire access road to the top of the mountain...

Easy trail with great views

Easy trail that offers outstanding views!

Saturday, May 21, 2016

Thursday, May 12, 2016

Easy hike with two dogs on a nice day. Bring bug spray, we would have been miserable without it!!

Sunday, March 06, 2016

Friday, July 03, 2015

Quick hike up and back, beautiful views from the top! Pretty steady incline, but we were at the top in no time.

Monday, June 23, 2014

Nice little trail. Fairly steep, but far from sheer. Offers beautiful views of Chick Hill to the east and Chemo Pond to the north.

Sunday, June 08, 2014

Long hike up. very rocky but well worth the view. was able to complete it in flip flops but wouldn't recommend it. got great pictures.

Sunday, June 08, 2014

Long hike up but WELL worth the view! It was a great trip and got wonderful pictures. Very rocky but I completed it in flip flops so not impossible.

Saturday, May 19, 2012