Parkman Mountain Trail

Parkman Mountain Trail is a 2.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Mt Desert, Maine that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Acadia National Park P.O. Box 177 Bar Harbor, ME 04609-0177 Phone: 207-288-3338 Shipping Address Acadia National Park 20 McFarland Hill Drive Bar Harbor ME 04609-0177 More information: http://www.nps.gov/acad/contacts.htm

It was relatively easy going up - and not too difficult going down, but there were long stretches of steep downhill hiking... it was the first time I had nail bed damage on my big toe from the pressure caused by the slope. We went clockwise around the loop. Next time I might try counter-clockwise. The view was great at the summit - you can see the ocean in one direction, the airport in the other direction. We could even see our campground on the other side of Somme Sound.

A longtime favorite

Did this hike with my two nephews (7 and 10 years old). We walked along a carriage trail for a bit but then once we got to the trail, it was great. Definitely a family-friendly hike with amazing views from the top!

Great place for an afternoon hike in Acadia. Didn't see a soul while we were out and made for a very peaceful journey. Nice place to connect to Bald Peak or another trail if you're up for it.

Some of the most beautiful views I've ever seen!

Monday, September 04, 2017

Great views

Friday, August 25, 2017

Great hike - well marked trails and fabulous near 360 deg views

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Good trail. No parking hassles

Thursday, July 20, 2017

I thought this was beautiful in terms of the views on the way up and from the top. I also liked the view of Bald Peak from the summit.

Sunday, July 02, 2017

fun with the fam. decently hard work but doable with a baby backpack. a couple tricky areas for dad and the self powered kid

Sunday, June 18, 2017

Steep, but the views are very rewarding. If you go in the late afternoon, you have the whole mountain to yourself.

Sunday, April 16, 2017

Not a moderate trail but the hike and views were spectacular. You can take take dogs but there are some tough climbing and scrambling sections that gave our 10 yr Aussie (and 3 yr Aussie for that matter) a bit of a hard time. Wouldn't take them again.

Monday, August 22, 2016

Love this trail, but would rate it closer to moderate. Lots of rock climbing! And many stunning views.

Thursday, August 04, 2016

Super fun trail, especially if you hit Parkman, then Gilmore, then Sargent. The peak of Sargent is absolutely beautiful.

It can be pretty challenging in spots. Pretty steep elevation changes with lots of rock, but it's well worth it.

Tuesday, May 03, 2016

This is a great 3 peak climb. Great trail. A bit rooty, rocky, lots of ledge. You should be good on your feet if you are going to hike this. It's not a simple walk on a manicured path. We went off trail and bushwhacked and free climbed the rocky face of Gilmore. Was definitely an adventurous day.

Sunday, March 08, 2015

Combined this with Sargent, Gilmore, and Bald peaks to make my favorite hike of my entire trip.

Thursday, July 10, 2014

A tough challenge for me, but I made it! Great views at the top as a reward. Like other Acadia trails, much of the surface is rock, and it can be slippery. I had a pretty hard pratfall on one of them coming down--be careful!

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Views from the peak are great. Did as part of loop with Gilmore, Bald, Sargent and Parkman . Lots of ups and downs !