Mount Tom Trail is a 2.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Fryeburg, Maine that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 2.4 miles Elevation Gain: 570 feet Route Type: Out & Back

The trail is unmarked most of the way and overgrown. The farmhouses at the beginning are beautiful and the views from the field are nice.

Unmarked trail though it’s fairly easy to follow. A portion of the trail is on an overgrown road. No views.

It’s a nice easy hike through the woods. At the beginning of the trail are remnants of old rock foundations with some metal bowls, saw blades, pieces of stoves, etc, that have been found there. The trail is leaves and mostly pine spills. Partly shady so it wasn’t too bad on the hot, humid day we went on. Just a slight incline here and there to get to the top. Not really much for views but there will be blueberries everywhere and the dragonflies kept us company so the bugs were very manageable.

Tue Apr 10 2018

great little hike! my pup loved it! we saw about 8 deer cross the road as we pulled into the trailhead - so majestic! not a steep trail by any means, definitely on the easier side. the view from the summit was pretty obstructed with trees. still enjoyed it! would be wonderful for beginners! we took old mt tom trail but would like to try west ridge trail next time.

Sat Sep 02 2017

Easy enough. Nice uphill. No real views.

Mon Aug 28 2017

This little hill has been in my pictures dozens of times from lovewell pond. The other day decided to finally walk up it. Was a nice little hike.

Sun Mar 05 2017

I hiked this trail February 5th. Snow was frozen and was slippery in some spots.

Wed Sep 23 2015

Nice easy trail, well marked. Instead of going back the same way I followed the white trail just to see where it went. The trail dumped us (the dog and I) out on Menetomy Rd about 2 miles down from where I parked. Hiked back up the rd because it was faster and I was getting pressed for time. Lots of pretty houses on the road, nice area.

Mon Aug 31 2015

Did this later in the afternoon..perfect for a quick trip.....about 40 minutes up & 20-25 down. Hike through some nice woods, no views until you get near top. Good sized summit area with grassy areas if you want to linger....pretty good views, looking at back of Pleasant Mountain. The parking lot at the barn is very small, not sure you could even get 5 cars in there, but I was only one there at the time.

Tue Aug 22 2017