Mount Pisgah Fire Trail

Mount Pisgah Fire Trail is a 1.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Winthrop, Maine that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

60' fire tower at top

A very nice family hike.Go in blueberry season, there's tons and tons of blueberrys! Not much of a view unless you climb the observatory tower, then your rewarded with beautiful views! Tower not safe for little kids in my opinion.

Good workout up Blueberry Trail. We had a great day. We could see Mt Washington from the tower

Paths were well marked and clear. I thought that the "EASY" rating was misleading. We took the Blueberry Trail and found the 400ft raise in elevation a bit of a challenge. It runs 1.4 miles long before it intersects with the Tower Trail making for a 2.3 mile loop. Will do it again but better prepared for the distance and elevation.

Great for family's age 12,12 and 5 had a blast !!

nice. easy trail

Decent hike....always easier going down and going up!

This was a really nice trail. Lots of great views. the terrain was nice and it was clean. Would do again.

This was a really fun little hike! It's a very easy hike for the views you get. I was able to do the whole thing with my toddler on my back. I saw people with dogs out there too, and the tower at the top has some absolutely gorgeous views at all angles! Definitely recommend for a family hike!

Great quick walk where I could take my dog and have something at the midway point to look forward to.

Saturday, April 08, 2017

A nice little trail! Be sure to climb the fire tower at the top.

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Loved it! my dog joined me on the hike today. Took Blueberry Trail up and Tower Trail down. Didn't even need snowshoes things were packed down nicely. Can't wait to check it out in the spring and summer.

Saturday, November 05, 2016

Great for a quick hike to get your body moving. Two trail options plus the fire road, I like the variety!

Sunday, October 09, 2016

Nice, gradual climb to the top with a decent view of the lakes and valleys.

Monday, August 22, 2016

Went up Mt Pisquah Blueberry trail......harder but and awesome hike

Monday, August 08, 2016

A great hike! Only problem was, we hiked on a windy day and no one was willing to use the Fire Tower. There isn't a view at the summit unless you use the fire tower, so be sure to hike on a calmer day. You also have options - you can take the tower trail, straight up and down from the tower; the road; or the longer (1.4mi) blueberry trail which features wild highbush blueberries the conservation trust is attempting to grow.

Sunday, August 07, 2016

Great view from up in the fire tower. Nice hike, dog friendly. Geocaches

Saturday, July 16, 2016

1. If you are a new hiker, this is a more moderate trail. It's an incline, gentle. Lots of rocks & roots so you have to attend to the trail at all times. In areas the trail is very narrow; unless your dog is command oriented, not a good dog hike. I did take my dog, off leash, because I went very early am but if there is high traffic, best to leave Fido at home.

2. Need good sturdy hiking shoes w tread or walking shoes. Trail is well marked & easy to follow. Work is being done but it did not interfere with the hike. Cell phone did have reception but I bring a compass & let my family know where I was hiking. I think this trail may be better in the fall months as in July it was buggy & humid. The wood road was steep & rocky on the way down.

Sunday, July 03, 2016

Hiked with kids age 4 , 9 and 11 they all loved it !

Sunday, June 26, 2016

Very easy, enjoyable hike. Terrain was rocky and rooty with wooden bridges for when the trail is wet, but it was very dry this time of year. We didn't climb the fire tower, but others told us the view was amazingly clear.

Saturday, May 28, 2016

Nice easy hike!

Monday, April 18, 2016

Great hike. Blueberry up, Tower trail down. Clear skies and was able to see surrounding lakes and Mt. Washington off in the distance from the fire tower.

Sunday, April 10, 2016

Really good short hike. The fire tower on top made a good view.

Sunday, March 20, 2016

A great hike with beautiful views from the fire tower at the top. I've gone with my dog at all times of the year. It's great solo or with kids and family.

Sunday, November 22, 2015

Good fall hike

Sunday, October 04, 2015

Nice short hike. We took the road up which was far more steep than the trail would have been. We took the trail back down. Gorgeous views from the top of the Fire Tower. Easy to get to. Small but sufficient parking lot with Conservation signing that explains the trails and wildlife.

Friday, September 18, 2015

Nice short trail. Tower trail was definitely shorter and easier than Blueberry trail, but loved them both. Tower at top gives you 360 degree views...not too bad. Good hike for kids and older people that don't hike much. Anyone could do this hike.

Saturday, July 04, 2015

Great for kids. Fun little hike.

Sunday, June 07, 2015

Nice trail to hike with kids. Pretty well groomed with east to follow markers. The top is a nice place for a lunch, and if you can get over any fear of heights you may have, climb the 60 feet to the top of the fire tower for awesome views of the nearby lakes. On a clear day you can see over to the Presidential Range and see Mt. Washington.

Tuesday, July 08, 2014

A favorite hike of mine, and within less than half an hour of where I live. We had good views of Androscoggin Lake from the top of the tower this trip. News update: Kennebec Land Trust has acquired new land adjacent to this property and has opened a third trail to the top at this site the Blueberry Trail (blazed light blue). We didn't take it but it appeared to be longer and more gradual than the other routes. It starts at the same place as the other two but goes south of the gravel trail.

Friday, June 27, 2014

We are very excited to revisit this sweet little hike next week. 2 years ago, my husband (afraid of heights) proposed to me at the top of the fire tower! (I said yes :) )