Mount Pisgah Fire Trail

Mount Pisgah Fire Trail is a 1.9 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Winthrop, Maine that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

60' fire tower at top

This was a really fun little hike! It's a very easy hike for the views you get. I was able to do the whole thing with my toddler on my back. I saw people with dogs out there too, and the tower at the top has some absolutely gorgeous views at all angles! Definitely recommend for a family hike!

Great quick walk where I could take my dog and have something at the midway point to look forward to.

A nice little trail! Be sure to climb the fire tower at the top.

Loved it! my dog joined me on the hike today. Took Blueberry Trail up and Tower Trail down. Didn't even need snowshoes things were packed down nicely. Can't wait to check it out in the spring and summer.

Great for a quick hike to get your body moving. Two trail options plus the fire road, I like the variety!

Nice, gradual climb to the top with a decent view of the lakes and valleys.

Went up Mt Pisquah Blueberry trail......harder but and awesome hike

A great hike! Only problem was, we hiked on a windy day and no one was willing to use the Fire Tower. There isn't a view at the summit unless you use the fire tower, so be sure to hike on a calmer day. You also have options - you can take the tower trail, straight up and down from the tower; the road; or the longer (1.4mi) blueberry trail which features wild highbush blueberries the conservation trust is attempting to grow.

geocaching

Great view from up in the fire tower. Nice hike, dog friendly. Geocaches

1. If you are a new hiker, this is a more moderate trail. It's an incline, gentle. Lots of rocks & roots so you have to attend to the trail at all times. In areas the trail is very narrow; unless your dog is command oriented, not a good dog hike. I did take my dog, off leash, because I went very early am but if there is high traffic, best to leave Fido at home.

2. Need good sturdy hiking shoes w tread or walking shoes. Trail is well marked & easy to follow. Work is being done but it did not interfere with the hike. Cell phone did have reception but I bring a compass & let my family know where I was hiking. I think this trail may be better in the fall months as in July it was buggy & humid. The wood road was steep & rocky on the way down.

Hiked with kids age 4 , 9 and 11 they all loved it !

Very easy, enjoyable hike. Terrain was rocky and rooty with wooden bridges for when the trail is wet, but it was very dry this time of year. We didn't climb the fire tower, but others told us the view was amazingly clear.