Mount Cutler Trail

Mount Cutler Trail is a 3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Hiram, Maine that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and snowshoeing and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Moderate hike over the 2 peaks of Mount Cutler in Hiram, ME.

one of my favorite hikes.

A heck of a climb at first. They have it very well marked. I took my dog and she did Great!

Fun loop. Ok with dog excerpt one section on return via Barnes trail...climbing over and down boulders. It was a little sketchy with the dog, but we did it.

Fun little hike.
Yesterday was cooler, windy with light rain and I had the place all to myself. Lots of cool mushrooms along the trail and blueberries all over the ledges.
The ascent is somewhat steep in areas, but not like intense or anything.
Nice views of Hiram and surrounding ridges along the way.
The descent is longer and more gradual - a pleasant, meandering walk through the forest.
My recording came out really messed up on this app...not sure why.

This short hike makes up for it in views and fun scrambles! My brother and I hiked up in the dark by headlamp and camped out on the summit LNT style. We were awarded that night with a full moon and a sky full of stars while clouds settled in the valley leaving only the tops of the surrounding hills exposed. It was like looking out over a vast fluffy ocean with islands all around, very cool! The next day was spent exploring around the Mt. and making our way back to the trailhead. Great hike! Especially during the fall colors over looking the Saco river valley and town of Hiram. (This trip was in 06' I believe).

Just tried this with my dog--- VERY dangerous to do with animals. Will be trying again without my pooch and re-rating

Really fun start to the hike with great views, fun climbing the rocks. Once past the summit the hike got a bit boring, we decided to take the older trail that hadn't been used in a bit by anyone and it was hard to follow with no markers. I'd recommend taking the new Saco trail.

Great hike, starts off awesome with lots of ledges, vert and views. We took the old Saco Ridge trail down. It's not marked and not used very much. Stay on the marked new trail unless you like cross county hiking and ticks.

Very nice hike (Not suitable for everyone) very rough rocky terrain makes it hard for kids, older adults, dogs to climb some of the trail markings are confusing and can get the wrong direction easy. Amazing view of the town

trail very steep and full of rocks to climb over which didn't work with 2,kids and a dog. Not as,suited for children and dogs as expected. mosquitoes of, course awful.