Mount Cutler Trail

Mount Cutler Trail is a 3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Hiram, Maine that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and snowshoeing and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Moderate hike over the 2 peaks of Mount Cutler in Hiram, ME.

Enjoyable hike with decent views in early April- you can see some of the valley that the river winds through. Good for an afternoon outing for families with kids, good for someone who wants to crush a quick hill.

Fun hike, good views, and great exercise!

This trail is definitely not "moderate". We followed the map above on the alltrail app and it led us up a pretty steep climb to the first summit, we looped around, and on our way back saw the second "summit" view, which was nice. But looping back to our car was a horrible way down. It was a straight shot down a rock wall, a tiny foot path, our dogs struggled, & we slipped multiple times. We skidded down on our butts which left us soaked.. Although the view was ok, I don't think we will be coming back, as it was hard to navigate the other trails which may have been easier..

Very nice trail. Has some decent ascent and descents for hiking (not climbing). Several outlooks that give nice views and allows dogs. The only caveat to bringing your pup is that there is one section of a trail where it's a mini boulder field and I could see an injury occurring. There are several trails those to get around this. Also don't forget to hit Krista's in Cornish after your hike, excellent food!

Nice hike could use a little more paint markers.

some awesome views for such a short hike.

Very fun trail with a lot of diversity. If you go to the right you will run into some ledges and scrambling, better to go up this way. Beautiful views of the presidential range and Hiram.

A good hike. nice steep sections to give a bit of a workout, but not overly long. a great morning walk with the kids. Very good views without going over to the white mountains. would recommend.

Not a bad short hike to spend outdoor. I took the red trail and had fun scrambling up the rocks. The views at the top was okay, nothing too special in my opinion.

I love this trail. Close to home, almost never anybody else there, and great views for such a short hike.

Saturday, May 21, 2016

Followed the red trail 3 mile loop starting at the railroad tracks. The trail was well marked for the most part. Beautiful trail, lovely views. Had my 2 boys with me, ages 6 & 8. There were a couple of steep spots on the way up which was a bit nerve wracking for a mom. Went through a heavily wooded area on the way back around and ended up covered in ticks. But over all had a great time!

Saturday, May 14, 2016

Really pretty trail. Took the blue trail up which was a winding, relatively steep path through the trees with views along the way. The trailhead is completely unmarked. We never would have found it if we hadn't asked a local. Trails are marked only with colors, no signs or maps. Great view at the summit. Did this on a hot sunny Saturday and we only saw two other people. Bugs were bad. Got lost on the way down and ended up cutting through private property to the paved road which we followed back to our car. If I had any sense of direction it probably would have been relatively easy to stay on the trail. Overall a fun hike, and Hiram is gorgeous.