Mount Cutler Trail

Mount Cutler Trail is a 3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Hiram, Maine that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and snowshoeing and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Moderate hike over the 2 peaks of Mount Cutler in Hiram, ME.

Such a gorgeous, short & sweet hike with great views all around. Be prepared to scamper up rocks. Would not be good for kiddies or elderly. Great mix of terrains.

Great hike. Very steep at the beginning. watch your footing, very rocky. Would not reccommend bringing small children. Follow the RED blazes as it can be easy to get lost if not paying attention. Fallen leaves make the trail slippery, watch your step. Great views, and multiple locations to take it all in. We will do this one again in the spring/summer. There is parking at base of trail.

Nice hike definitely on the moderate side some very steep ledges but very fun as well. I wouldn't bring young kids unless you want to have a heart attack. I hike with my dog and he was making me nervous. views along the hike are great.

Great hike. Tough, steep, rocky uphill and then easy, flat ridges at top. Interesting terrain. Great vistas. Good place to overnight.

Fun little scramble and climbing section at the beginning, but was otherwise a pretty easy hike for the hiker of any level. Trails are not very well marked at times, so be mindful of the blazes when you see them!

one of my favorite hikes.

A heck of a climb at first. They have it very well marked. I took my dog and she did Great!

Fun loop. Ok with dog excerpt one section on return via Barnes trail...climbing over and down boulders. It was a little sketchy with the dog, but we did it.

Fun little hike.
Yesterday was cooler, windy with light rain and I had the place all to myself. Lots of cool mushrooms along the trail and blueberries all over the ledges.
The ascent is somewhat steep in areas, but not like intense or anything.
Nice views of Hiram and surrounding ridges along the way.
The descent is longer and more gradual - a pleasant, meandering walk through the forest.
My recording came out really messed up on this app...not sure why.

This short hike makes up for it in views and fun scrambles! My brother and I hiked up in the dark by headlamp and camped out on the summit LNT style. We were awarded that night with a full moon and a sky full of stars while clouds settled in the valley leaving only the tops of the surrounding hills exposed. It was like looking out over a vast fluffy ocean with islands all around, very cool! The next day was spent exploring around the Mt. and making our way back to the trailhead. Great hike! Especially during the fall colors over looking the Saco river valley and town of Hiram. (This trip was in 06' I believe).

Just tried this with my dog--- VERY dangerous to do with animals. Will be trying again without my pooch and re-rating

Really fun start to the hike with great views, fun climbing the rocks. Once past the summit the hike got a bit boring, we decided to take the older trail that hadn't been used in a bit by anyone and it was hard to follow with no markers. I'd recommend taking the new Saco trail.

Great hike, starts off awesome with lots of ledges, vert and views. We took the old Saco Ridge trail down. It's not marked and not used very much. Stay on the marked new trail unless you like cross county hiking and ticks.

Very nice hike (Not suitable for everyone) very rough rocky terrain makes it hard for kids, older adults, dogs to climb some of the trail markings are confusing and can get the wrong direction easy. Amazing view of the town

trail very steep and full of rocks to climb over which didn't work with 2,kids and a dog. Not as,suited for children and dogs as expected. mosquitoes of, course awful.

Good hike, but couldn't stop for long to enjoy much of it since the mosquitoes were pretty bad. Trail junctions where a bit confusing, but the trails were will marked.

dude. the 'squitos are OUT right now. You're gonna want some DEET or just wait a bit for them to die off. 6-8-17

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Enjoyable hike with decent views in early April- you can see some of the valley that the river winds through. Good for an afternoon outing for families with kids, good for someone who wants to crush a quick hill.

Monday, April 10, 2017

Fun hike, good views, and great exercise!

Friday, December 02, 2016

This trail is definitely not "moderate". We followed the map above on the alltrail app and it led us up a pretty steep climb to the first summit, we looped around, and on our way back saw the second "summit" view, which was nice. But looping back to our car was a horrible way down. It was a straight shot down a rock wall, a tiny foot path, our dogs struggled, & we slipped multiple times. We skidded down on our butts which left us soaked.. Although the view was ok, I don't think we will be coming back, as it was hard to navigate the other trails which may have been easier..

Saturday, October 15, 2016

Highly recommended for a short hike with rewards.

Sunday, October 09, 2016

Very nice trail. Has some decent ascent and descents for hiking (not climbing). Several outlooks that give nice views and allows dogs. The only caveat to bringing your pup is that there is one section of a trail where it's a mini boulder field and I could see an injury occurring. There are several trails those to get around this. Also don't forget to hit Krista's in Cornish after your hike, excellent food!

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Nice hike could use a little more paint markers.

Monday, September 19, 2016

some awesome views for such a short hike.

Sunday, September 18, 2016

Very fun trail with a lot of diversity. If you go to the right you will run into some ledges and scrambling, better to go up this way. Beautiful views of the presidential range and Hiram.

Saturday, September 10, 2016

A good hike. nice steep sections to give a bit of a workout, but not overly long. a great morning walk with the kids. Very good views without going over to the white mountains. would recommend.

Thursday, August 04, 2016

Not a bad short hike to spend outdoor. I took the red trail and had fun scrambling up the rocks. The views at the top was okay, nothing too special in my opinion.