Mount Battie Trail

Mount Battie Trail is a 1.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Camden, Maine that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, and bird watching and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.1 miles Elevation Gain: 590 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Front trail is a great little hike! Some scrambling needed, but really accessible to everyone. You can also DRIVE up to the top from the Camden Hills State Park (Route 1 North) side if you wish. Great view of Penobscot bay and downtown Camden. The front trail is a little off the road so not a lot of people use it. It has a very small parking lot.

It's a short, but slightly challenging hiking, especially, if the rocks are wet. It doesn't take too long to reach the top. The views are very rewarding, especially if you climb the tower.

Beautiful blue sky day. Views during this time are unrivaled.

Great views of Penobscot Bay and Camden!

wear shoes with better grip than I did! super fun hike with an amazing payoff but you'll be using your hands and feet to grip the whole way up

Great experience climbing and scrambling the less traveled trail. Got some great views not seen from the parking lot.

Awesome trail! I would say it takes an hour. I forgot to pause my recording so it’s a little skewed. Can be sheer in some spots, my 63 yo mother had some difficulties but she’s also a little uncoordinated

Beautiful and very steep trail.

Awesome hike with great views. Middle part is a little tough as it’s basically vertical.

It was very tough get up! But made it to see the beautiful ocean views!

Our kids at 4.5 and almost 7 were not ready for this. The 7 year old probably could have kept going but we turned around halfway.

Extreme lack of parking at the bottom lot. Middle of the climb is very difficult.

We took the most difficult route up the trial (the one that starts in a residential area outside of the park). I took my 2 daughters with 9 & 13. I’ll preface this review with the fact that I’m afraid of heights. I thought this hike would be challenging but not dangerous. The hike was FUN! We love rock scrambling. I didn’t realize this hike would involve actual rock climbing when you are half way up (too late to turn around). We hit a spot of smooth steep granite where we had to search for grab and footholds- again fun if you don’t look down! Climbing up seemed easy in comparison to climbing down. There was no way I could climb down without panicking. We made it to the summit, saw the great views and had to call the ranger for a ride to our car. We were parked so far away that walking via the road would have taken hours and Uber’s don’t exist here. There is a way up mountain in park that isn’t death defying that I would recommend using and then it’s doable walking to your car via the road from the summit which I witnessed people doing on our ride back. So grateful for the kind ranger for giving us a ride to our car a few miles outside of the park! Overall it was a fun memorable hike but I’ll never do it again.

nice views of camden and the bay, all the way to the ocean. dry day so trail was good, quick uphills but a nice fast and rewarding trip. wooden planks run the beginning over ditches. some granite slabs that can be steep and slippery.

Challenging trail for beginners or families. Water follows the trail making footing difficult. Wear hiking boots or something that doesn’t slip. Amazing vistas if it’s not foggy.

This was a nice, quick hike to a gorgeous view over Camden. It is fairly steep.

recorded Recording - Jul 08, 04:14 PM