Mount Battie Trail

Mount Battie Trail is a 1.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Camden, Maine that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Front trail is a great little hike! Some scrambling needed but really accessible to everyone. You can also DRIVE up to the top from the Camden Hills State Park (Route 1 North) side if you wish. Great view of Penobscot bay and downtown Camden. The front trail is a little off the road so not a lot of people use it. It has a very small parking lot, but it's just a great little trail. Check my "Tracks" to see the trail route. The one shown on the map is the Park Road, which you can hike for free if you wish.

I thought this trail is more difficult than a moderate rating. Scrambling is necessary. We came down the carriage road due to the wind and rain today; and it was very easy.

Lots of hiking possibilities through Camden Hills. This particular stretch can be tricky in places and I would not attempt it in bad weather or when it's been raining. Great views. More than a bit crowded though, especially as you get into the main part of the park and I'd hate to see it on a weekend.

Was an awesome little hike with our two small dogs. September weather was beautiful and the views of the bay and surrounding ocean was very nice!! Was great for a short hike.

The views along the way & from the top were spectacular. I am an avid hiker but my knees have gone achey recently. I found the bald rock section quite challenging. I did have to be super careful as it was also quite steep. I was determined to get to the top & was glad I made it. Views are enormous. I did ask for a ride back down as downhill is harder on knees than uphill.

The trail off Rt 52 is shorter, but gives you a great workout! Be careful of wet rocks as you'll be climbing lots of them. The trail is steep, and you'll need your hands to help climb some of the rocks. About half way up is a nice lookout, and a great place to rest or end your hike. Coming down can be trickier, especially with wet rocks, so be mindful where you step. It's worth it though!

super fun! we love this trail, great times with kids and dog!

Go for the view!!