Mount Agamenticus via Ring Trail

Mount Agamenticus via Ring Trail is a 1.7 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Cape Neddick, Maine that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.7 miles Elevation Gain: 334 feet Route Type: Loop

A loop hike using the wintergreen trail to access the ring trail. You can also take a short detour to the top on Witch Hazel trail to use the bathrooms.

Hiked this this morning with a few other joining trails to take in the sun rise over the ocean at the top, and it was fantastic as usual. The snow squalls the last few days was enough to leave a nice coating of soft snow over all the usual iced spots. Hiked the whole trail in my boots without crampons and got some great peace and quiet along the route. Awesome local trail for winter excursions close to home.

icy

This is a great trail overall, but during the last week of December was very icy and parts were difficult to navigate safely in just boots. In winter weather, traction devices are wise to bring along. Other than the ice, it's a pretty easy hike with beautiful views at the top and lots of trail options to get up and down.

great hike. A little icy in spots but still doable with just boots. Great 360° views once on top. mountains on one side ocean on the other. great hike for kids and it dogs

nice hike. nice weather

Nice foliage. Short walk

Did this trail the other day and couldn't have asked for a better day. I needed to get my mind into another space and this did it! I was able to just get out and hike with my dog, there were about a dozen or so other dogs of which most were leashed. I don't understand how people have a misunderstanding of what on leash means? The trails are pretty well marked unless you get of of them and even then it seems there are some kind of markings. This time I stayed to the ring until Blueberry ridge, followed that to the summit and then down the Fisher trail and back to the ring.

My 7 year old loved the story book... Take the ring trail west and summit via witch hazel to enjoy with your littles.

gr8 trail for hiking with your dog

Awesome hike with my 5 and 8 year old! Challenging enough to keep them entertained but short enough to avoid whining. They have the literacy program where a book page is posted every little bit to keep them going and interested and the summit is beautiful with picnic tables and a building with gift shop/educational center for kids. I’m so glad we did this!!

great hike, amazing views loved the school group at the top, the kids were so excited

Heavily trafficked but fun trail. Well marked in most places and nice summit views with observation spaces.

Great hike with a rewarding view, good for dogs, was about 2 1/2 miles total after viewing the top of the mountain

Easy and beautiful. I hiked this two days ago, the foliage was starting to turn, no one was on the trail. At the summit I meandered around for a while, and decided to take a different trail back down. I blew myself way off course and ended up on 2nd Hill. I hiked back down Porqupine Trail to Cedar, which connects to Mountain Road, which then brought me back to my car. It kind of turned into an 8 mile ordeal. But it was a beautiful 8 miles, and I loved it. Lots of black flies! This magic thing happened at the summit-I smelled the sweetest cinnamon, so I followed the scent. It brought me to the subtlest sound, barely audible through the wind in the trees, of a far-off fiddle. And so I followed that sound. Eventually I came upon a man playing the most beautiful fiddle music, all alone at the top of the mountain. It was truly such a magical day. If you feel inclined to go, then go you must.

A beautiful hike!! 360 degree views from the top. Easy hike for all ages. About 10-15 min before we finished it started pouring!! Blue sky’s 90% of the time!! FYI. You can run the last little bit of the ring trail without killing yourself

September 22 2019

Very nice view of mountains to the west and ocean to the east.

Short and easy with nice long views at the top.

wonderful hike with many different options, all very pretty, about an hour up and 45 minutes down, but it all depends on the trail. a tad crowded on weekends

Perfect conditions for hiking with my toddler on back. Great views on a clear day. We parked at the top and explored all the trails from there. Trail map is a must , so grab one before you head out.

Took Ring trail to witch hazel to the summit view and then blueberry bluff back down to Ring. Trail is very well marked and well kept. Nice easy trail, just under 2 miles. A little buggy but not terrible. Overall great hike.

easy, short hike with ocean views at the top!(only on really clear skied days). you can also drive to the top. can be super windy in the late fall/early winter.

great hike love that they have water at the top for you and your dog great view on a clear day